Thread: Pull start on big bore causes injury

Default Pull start on big bore causes injury

I tried pull starting my 700 KQ and ended up tearing 3 ligaments in my right elbow. I did this back in Nov and thought it was a pulled muscle, but I couldn't get it to stop hurting. My arm gets weak with any physcial activity too.

I had an MRI last week and it showed the tears, now I'm just waiting to see othropedics and PT.

Be careful and use good body mechanics.

Doug

I'm there with you, Pulled my shoulder out from the recoil on my 6x6
    PEOPLE SAY I HAVE A.D.D I DON'T UNDERSTA.....OH LOOK A MOOSE !!!

I know what ya mean. Tried pull starting my 6x6. Have a high comp. piston and high lift cam. No even close to working. That's why I have 2 group 51 batt's installed.

When ever you try and pull start your machine, you have to make sure that the piston is top dead center. Pull gently on the rope to rotate the engine until it gets real tough to pull. Then, when standing on the floor boards with both feet, use both hands and give it a yank up. Works everytime without kick back.

Sorry to hear that Snug. I can vouch how tough those KQ's are to fire up with the pull start.

I do know that the KQ will pull start with a dead battery. My brother pulled started his KQ eventhough it was sitting outside in the cold. My battery died on the trapline after I foolishly left the lights on. The display wouldn't even come up. After yanking the machine almost on it's side with the pull start it fired up