Thread: Which Brand?? Bowtech or Diamond

Default Which Brand?? Bowtech or Diamond

Which brand has a better reputation bowtech or diamond? I know Diamond is made by bowtech, but, it the Bowtechs supposed to be better? This is probally a simple question but I am new into this.

Thanks for your guys help.

I would go with bow-tech, personally because its the main brand and diamond is just a run-off brand but this is all up to you. everybody is pretty much gonna say to try them both and go with the one you feel fits you most. its pretty much a matter of personal preference, and my personal preference is bow-tech. however i shoot a martin so i cant say much, haha, just thought i would put in my 2 cents, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by 808Alaska View Post
    I would go with bow-tech, personally because its the main brand and diamond is just a run-off brand but this is all up to you.
    If i am not mistaken, Diamond was bought by Bowtech in 2004, so its not just a run off brand. I currently shoot a bowtech 82nd and I love it. I shot a Diamond Marquise before i made up my mind on the 82nd and it shoots just as smooth and just as great. I would go down to Archers den and talk to Paul. He is very knowlegable on the two brands and could help point you in the right direction. He also shoots a bowtech (101st airborne, I think).

Diamond bows are every bit as nice as Bowtechs. At the risk of sounding like a broken record, shoot every bow you can get your hands on and then buy the one that feels best in your hand. Reading reviews and such is helpful in some small way, but nothing is as important as personal feel. I went with a Bowtech last year, but came awfully close to buying the Diamond Marquis.

Default diamond vs bowtech

I believe the difference is that the Bowtechs are dual cam bows, and the diamonds are single cam. I shoot a Diamond, and it is every bit as good of quality as the Bowtech.

Jake
    All the romance of trout fishing exists in the mind of the angler and is in no way shared by the fish.

jakec is right the only difference is that diamonds are solo cams and bowtech are dual cams. The quality is the same because they are the same company.

Umm actually my BowTech Diamond Razor Edge is a Dual Cam.

It depends on what you buy.
    No amount of education can help those who want to remain permanently ignorant of facts, which includes those whom have been educated.

Quote Originally Posted by upinak View Post
    Umm actually my BowTech Diamond Razor Edge is a Dual Cam.

It depends on what you buy.
    Yep, as of this year they're making Diamonds with the binary cam system, and I do believe they have a single cam Bowtech (but don't quote me on that).

Well Brian you are correct. My other BowTech (which is a Diamond Edge 20-40) is only a single cam. But it is good for a starter bow for women and younger people. I wanted to go up and the Razor Edge was the perfect solution except they are hard to get. 20-65 (I think) lbs range is awesome!

The Diamonds are getting better, by quite a lot. Paul at Archers would know more then I (novice here), but I am learning a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Yep, as of this year they're making Diamonds with the binary cam system, and I do believe they have a single cam Bowtech (but don't quote me on that).
    No amount of education can help those who want to remain permanently ignorant of facts, which includes those whom have been educated.

Probablly comes down to preference in the end. I shoot a bowtech alliegance. Almost bought the diamond black ice liked both bows. I think the selling point for me was the speed of the alliegance.

I shoot a Mathews, but as Brian said, shoot as many different bows as you can and buy what feels right.
    Paul

I shoot two bowtechs the General and Tomkat and i like em both.
    when i pick a bow i just get all my accesories and see how they will work for the bow.
    I think it is best to start with the best eccesories enstead of slowly upgrading.

I also looked at Diomend Black ice i thought it was a very good bow.

Also somthing i look at now is the cam lean.
    you might not beleive this but I checked out about five different bows at sportsman and all of them had cam lean!
    The way i checked is i take an arrow and put it parrallell with the cams and then see how far the string is from arrow .
    Both my bowtechs have cam lean. some of them you can tune out some of them you cant becuase of the way the cables pull.

It doesent stop me from shooting good out to 70 yards but still
    i think a bow with no lean will last longer also the string will last longer.

think of this, each company has a mid level bow, so it goes like this:

Mathew= Mission
    Hoyt = Reflex
    Bowtech = Diamond

It isn't so much that those brands have a "mid-level" brand. It has to do with the big box retailers and catalog companies.
    Each of those companies has a different brand bow that they sell through Cabela's, bass Pro, etc.. catalogs. They each have different reasons too. Some have set up issues, some have branding issues. At least that was what I was told when I worked for one of those places.

Bowtech makes Diamond bows in the same factory, using the same materials etcs as they do their own branded bows. There is little difference. The new Diamond Iceman is flat out ridiculous! Wish I had one. And it is very similar to top-shelf Bowtech bows.