Thread: A few experimental images

Default A few experimental images

I have been doing some experimenting lately with some images I don't normally take. Anything to fend of cabin fever and an excuse to get out. Eric and I spent 4 days at my cabin exploring mostly but I tried my hand at star trails late the last night we were there. We were hoping for the northern lights and even though we did not see them with our eyes the camera picked up a hint of them in the background of the first image. The skulls were brought inside and played with some creative lighting. It was a bit of a challenge to get an image I had visualized in my mind by getting light to shine out of the eye on the oposite side, but in the end I was happy with the results. Enjoy!

US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Yep Cory, the cabin shot does look alot better full screen instead of the LCD. With that being a 20 minute exposure, we're gonna have to try 60 minute or longer!!
    EricL

Default now that looks fun

Out at the cabin, and enjoying the longer spring days and messing around with the camera at night..
    Very nice shots..
    thanks for sharing
    Max
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

Those are amazing Cory! The skull shots I like but would really like a lesson someday on shooting star trails. I have wanted to try it but have not for fear of to much noise.

Well done!
    http://www.pbase.com/tull777

http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com/

"If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

One more thing ...

Did you paint the cabin with a flashlight?
    http://www.pbase.com/tull777

http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com/

"If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

Hey Eric, Definitely have to do at least an hour next time. Might find some place to go experiment this weekend.

Max, spring is definitely getting closer. I am looking forward to it, but have to try and maximize the winter fun too!

Eddie, anytime you want to get out let me know. I think Eric will attest the cabin is a pretty amazing place. Nice Burbot in the lake, lots of trails to explore and good scenery. I did use a flashlight to paint the cabin. I wasnt sure it would turn out the first shot and it was tough to tell on the camera's LCD, but I was pleasantly surprised when I got the image into the computer. The skulls were also painted with a flashlight from the side and them another light shining through the back of the skull through the opposite side eye socket for a second in a totally black room. Lots of creative things to experiment with when you have a little time on your hands.
    US Air Force - retired and Wildlife photographer

To follow my photography adventures check out my facebook page

Default Very creative!

Nice job! & keep posting!