Thread: Lapua

Default Lapua

I finally found out why people love Lapua brass. I just got in 200 new cases for my recently obtained 6.5x55 Win model 70, push feed, but in mint condition.
    The consistency of this brass is terrific. All the cases are within .002" of proper trim length and the necks are not dented or rough. It is just beautiful stuff. Of course, it ought to be at the price they cost, but I can see getting a high number of loads out of them. Think I'll weigh them next, just for g&gs.
    My wife must think I'm a little wacky. When I opened the first box, I told her they looked like gems, glowing in the light. She didn't say anything but "of course they are." then went back to her crossword.

Quote Originally Posted by mauserboy View Post
    I finally found out why people love Lapua brass. I just got in 200 new cases for my recently obtained 6.5x55 Win model 70, push feed, but in mint condition.
    The consistency of this brass is terrific. All the cases are within .002" of proper trim length and the necks are not dented or rough. It is just beautiful stuff. Of course, it ought to be at the price they cost, but I can see getting a high number of loads out of them. Think I'll weigh them next, just for g&gs.
    My wife must think I'm a little wacky. When I opened the first box, I told her they looked like gems, glowing in the light. She didn't say anything but "of course they are." then went back to her crossword.
    I agree. bought 100 30-06 cases years ago and I felt unneeded. No reason to turn case necks,trim, or sort by weight. All ready to go.

One of the only smart things I have done in the past few years is buy about 500 rounds of Lapua brass for each of my calibers.... 6.5x55 and 308. Awesome stuff, so are their bullets, especially their naturalis @ $1.25 each

Default 6.5 bullets

I got a good variety of .264" bullets in a trade, but the one I want to concentrate on for hunting up here is the 160 gr. RN Hornady Interlock, my favorite bullet brand and model for hunting. I do have 120gr and 140gr bullets to fiddle with too.

Quote Originally Posted by mauserboy View Post

I had to laugh when I read that--that's exactly the kind of reply I get from my wife!

Mike