Thread: Stock up on Energy Bars

Default Stock up on Energy Bars

I normally don't care which brand of power bars I get too much. But these ones are pretty tasty, but FAR more importantly they are currently 70% off of the normal bulk order. Or 75% off Sportmans Warehouse prices.

Go to this site

http://www.wildernessathlete.com/

Order what you want.

Then at check out in the coupon code field enter this:
    WA70%OFF2

So if you are looking to stock up on some power bars for the trail this would be a pretty good way to go about it. Enjoy!!

Offer ends March 19th at 11:59 pm

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska_Lanche View Post
    I normally don't care which brand of power bars I get too much. But these ones are pretty tasty, but FAR more importantly they are currently 70% off of the normal bulk order. Or 75% off Sportmans Warehouse prices.

Go to this site

http://www.wildernessathlete.com/

Order what you want.

Then at check out in the coupon code field enter this:
    WA70%OFF2

So if you are looking to stock up on some power bars for the trail this would be a pretty good way to go about it. Enjoy!!

Offer ends March 19th at 11:59 pm
    I am in for a bunch but not unless I get some feedback on which ones taste good. I have the wife swinging by Sportsman's to do a taste test for me. anyone else have experience w/ these?

I ordered up a buch for this seasons hunts ... what a deal !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by muskeg View Post
    I ordered up a buch for this seasons hunts ... what a deal !!!!
    Yeah me too 240 energy bars ought to be enough. Not sure I really buy into all of their supplements, gels, and what not, but can't really go wrong with power bars.

+1 Did the same.

Default bars and drink mix

I got 2 or 3 boxes of each flavor of the bars and a couple boxes of each of the drink mixes ...

I put together a complete 'snack pack' for each hunter and guide each day. It contains various energy bars, various candy bars, various chips, jerky or meat stick, rolled fruit, cookie, crackers, hard candy, laffy taffy, star burst, various peanut packs, little peppermint patty, little tootsie roll .... all mixed and matched and vacuum sealed.

And we do use drink mixes in our Nalgene water bottles. Either Gatorade type stuff or the new little single serve packets of various flavors. I have used the energy replacement stuff over the years.

I usually order much of my 'snack packet' stuff from the Seattle CostCo Alaska order store.

But the price on this Wilderness Athlete can't be beat.

LuJon, The peanut butter bars are a little too different for me and I generaly like peanut butter products...... The mountain berry isnt bad but I much prefer Harvest power bars........ Ken

Default shipping

For you guys that have already ordered, how were the shipping costs?

Jake
    All the romance of trout fishing exists in the mind of the angler and is in no way shared by the fish.

Minimal ... but i wonder how it will come. That is by what meathod ... it didn't really say.

Default first off

thanks for postin that sale!!!!!

The shipping was via ground (you can go a faster option as well) and was about $13 for 2 boxes (30 bars).

Default May '09 Freshness Date

I ordered about 6 boxes last night! Did anyone else get an email regarding freshness dates? It says these bars that are on sale contain raw ingredients and have a freshness date of May '09, but can be frozen for up to a year to extend their shelf life. Just a heads up for those thinking they would buy in bulk for adventures planned a couple years out.

Default here is the email

As many of you have been calling and emailing in your questions about the shelf life of the Performance Bars, I thought it would be easiest for me to send out an email to everyone.

The bars that are being shipped in the sale have a freshness date of May 2009 (which is not too far off in the future). But do not despair, as you can extend the shelf life of the bars for up to a year in your freezer.

All of our Performance Bars have raw ingredients in them which can be frozen in your freezer similar to bags of fruits and vegetables you buy in your grocer's freezer section. You can keep them in the freezer for up to a year and still enjoy your bars for this fall's hunt or stocking stuffers this Christmas.

Just remember to take the bars out of the freezer a day or two before you want to use them!

Thank you for making our 70% Off Sale such a huge success! Please feel free to forward the email to your friends and families so EVERYONE can benefit from the incredible savings!

Have a spectacular day,

Tara Piazza
    Operations Manager
    Wilderness Athlete

PO Box 129
    Alexandria, MN
    US

hope they're good!!! Gnarly discount! good lookin out Luke!

Quote Originally Posted by Browningguy9 View Post
    hope they're good!!! Gnarly discount! good lookin out Luke!
    Yeah well no one hit me up with rep points. See if I help you guys out again.

Default Met-RX

I stocked up a while ago at Fred Myers on Met-RX Big 100 Colossal bars. I'll be admned if Freddy's didn't call me last week telling me to return them as they were part of the peanut recall.
    This could have been a nightmare had I been on a hunt with only 1 roll of TP
    Fish IT! Hunt IT! or *#%@ IT!

And thats now taken care of!

Ha! I tried, but am maxed out with you.

Default Flavors?

Not having used these bars, does anyone have a preference on which flavor. I will eat just about anything and when your out in the bush I don't think anything tastes bad. I would like to order some and just wondering, thanks, Mark