Thread: Interior Fishing Suggestions

Default Interior Fishing Suggestions

This June I'll be taking a road trip up to Fairbanks and then down to Valdez and I am looking for some pike and grayling fishing from the road system or guide recommendations.
    Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    I would also consider a trip for trip trade, I live in Sterling and could take you out on the Kenai.

RD

Id take a little detour down the denali highway at paxson. 20 Miles to tangle lakes and the tangle river. Easy access from the shore and lots of shore. Not huge grayling but lots of them. Rock Creek is a nice stream also
    Grandkids, Making big tough guys hearts melt at first sight

Default Clearwater

I'd be glad to take you up the Delta Cleawater for Fin Critters if you are in Delta while I'm off the slope.
    Life is tough........it's alot tougher if you're stupid.

clear stream + dry fly = grayling
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    clear stream + dry fly = grayling
    Not true. Many of the clear water tributaries are sterile and absent of fish entirely. But the others have given some good advice for this route.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Thanks for replying guys.

nidenza I will let you know when I will be in your area, thanks.

RD

If you are here in Fairbanks, you can try the Badger Slough out in North Pole. You'd be able to get into Grayling, and possibly a pike while fishing there. There are numerous places you can fish along Badger Road. You might see a person or two, but definently worth a try if you are in the area.

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

Default 50 Mile CHSR

Well if you'rs gong ot be in and around Squarebanks for more than a couple of hours take a trip to the Upper Chena starting at Angle Rocks and work your way down to about mile 24 Rose Hip camp ground. You will find more than ample road side fishing for Grayling along the way. Fish the Turn outs and key on the rock walls the Grayling tend use that deeper water and protection to their advantage. June is a great month for chasing them on CHSR concerning fly fishing that is Carpenter Ants normally are getting started and it makes for some fun fishing.

If you have a Mil I.D. or access to Eielson you can fish Pike on Base not exactly true Alaskan Sport Fishing however Pike to 12 lbs are caught at a couple of Lakes located between housing units.

If you were talking June I would suggest other road side fishing however in June the Chena is fine.

Best Wishes and Tight Lines

Blue Moose

Default You won't be disappointed.

We caught some nice Grayling in there last year. Not just us, ask Jedi Salmon Slayer. I believe he has a video out there somewhere to wet your whistle.
    Life is tough........it's alot tougher if you're stupid.

Talking Clearwater Creek

The Clearwater Creek out of Delta Junction has become the new PRIMERE Grayling Roadside Fishery. Easy access and real close to services, make it desirable for some. It is not one of the hard to fish areas.
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Default PM sent

Sent to you regarding Chena river grayling fishing.

Road Dog, if i remember correctly Tangle Lakes has an RV sized parking lot. It would probablly say in the Milepost book. Hap
    USN Seabee '90-'95, NRA Life Member

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    Road Dog, if i remember correctly Tangle Lakes has an RV sized parking lot. It would probablly say in the Milepost book. Hap
    Three that I am aware of. This place can accomdate hundreds of vehicles at any time. The last time I was there, I would estimate approximately 75 to 80 vehicles or campers in the lots.
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~