Thread: rhino w/s wipers

Default rhino w/s wipers

Does any have windshield wipers on their UTV? I have a rhino with a roof and windshield, and have to stop every so often in bad weather to squigee the windshield. I was thinking of the old style jeep wipers that were mounted to the top of the windshield frame, and had a manually operated handle inside the cab to operate the wipers. Anybody have any suggestions for this?

Jake
    All the romance of trout fishing exists in the mind of the angler and is in no way shared by the fish.

I had a Rhino w/o wipers so I know what you mean..lol...I had to drive with a squeege in my left hand and wipe the windshield as I drove if it was raining....what a PIA....

Now I have a Ranger with wipers...It is quite nice to flip the switch and enjoy the clarity...lol...

I have the standard ones from the Polaris shop, they will mount on your Rhino just fine, you'll just have to drill a hole to mount the little motor and then run a couple of wires...you'll be glad you did..
    ------------------------------------------------
    pull my finger....

Default wipers

Thanks for the info TJM. How much did the wipers w/ motor run ya?
    All the romance of trout fishing exists in the mind of the angler and is in no way shared by the fish.

Default hand crank wipers

you can get the hand crank wipers from JC Whitney or you could the last time I looked they also had the jeep style wiper.

Quote Originally Posted by jakec5253 View Post
    Thanks for the info TJM. How much did the wipers w/ motor run ya?
    I don't remember, I think they were $100+ each...I got them from Hatchers Pass Polaris...the number is 495-INDY if you want to give them a buzz....
    pull my finger....

Default thanks

Thanks for the help guys. I am going to look into the manual ones first, they are quite a bit cheaper. Thanks again.

Jake

Default plastic scratches?

I'd be worried about running wipers on the plastic without lots of water. Seems like if it were muddy, dusty, etc. that might scratch the plastic pretty quickly? Just thinking outloud here.
    I did have the same problem with the Rhino I drove, but figured it was still better than wearing all the mud.
    Does anybody make a water tank for the UTVs like on a car?

try a marine supply store. the kachemak gear shed down here has manual ones for $20 and electric for $60. i guarantee that the gear shed down here is more expensive than what you could find in the city

Why not use Rain-x?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishkill View Post
    Why not use Rain-x?
    I've tried it and it helps but doesn't do an adequate job unless you're going 55mph...lol....RainX plus wipers make for nice clear vision...
    pull my finger....

18 bucks gets you a pretty good one from the argo store manual wiper adjustable length all you ahve to do is drill a hole and slide it through and tighten the locking ring on the inside and your good to go.

Any boat shop should be able to hook you up with a motor arm and blade.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed