Thread: Quick detach scope rings

Default Quick detach scope rings

Greetings! I am looking at putting some quick release bases and rings on a rifle and was wondering if there were any opinions (I am sure there are) on which brand is more reliable/better than the others. Thanks for the input.

talkeetnakid

Hey kid, i've used EAW detach, talley and leupold detach and by far the EAW were the most freakin' awesome thing i've ever had on my rifle. unreal how simple, quick and easy they were. they operate with one lever rather than two like all the others and were deadly. my talleys work great too, but i don't like having the two levers to work, same goes for the leupold. all though they come out with someone new thats some big monstrosity of a gadjet.
    for the money EAW is the best i've ever seen, spendy...but talley takes a second for me on this. been guiding with detach mounts for nine years now and never had a problem. and no, never had a problem loosing my zero.

Brwnbr

I have been using Warne rings and they do ok. Is the EAW that much better?

I like my Talleys. They seem to hold POI pretty well and are pretty easy to use once you get 'em set up.

Talley, leupold and warne. ALL work pretty well. The talleys are probably the nicest of the bunch but the warne are great for the money.

the EAW i used didn't even compare to the talleys i have now. I would go back in a heartbeat but they don't make bases to fit my ultra light arms rifle. i haven't used the Warnes that you mentioned but i do know there is a night and day difference from the lueys and talleys to the EAW. my EAW's cost about 300 bucks and i had great norther guns in anchorage order them for me, you can find them on the internet though if you do some searching. made in germany or something like that. they have one little lever on the back, and the scope dovetails out, swing it 90 degrees out and pull straight up. freakin' slick set up, easy to do, fast and dead nuts when you throw it back on. They make a peep sight to fit the rear base if you want for when the scope is off too.

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

I use the regular Weaver QD rings. Also Weaver quad locks. Also Leupold QRWs. All with great success.

My gunsmith told me the Leupold PRWs were like the QRWs, except you need to use an allen wrench. The advantage would be that you don't have those levers sticking out in the way.
    Smitty of the North

Thumbs up Warne QR Lever Rings

I use Warne QR Lever Rings and bases for my Marlin Guide Gun.......super return to zero after removal!
    Alaska

Default Remember these?

http://www.griffinhowe.com/mountsandpads.cfm

I've got one of these setups that I pulled off a pre-64 M70 .300 H&H, this one of mine has 26mm rings and an old Lyman scope, but 1" and 30mm are available. From time to time, I've thought about installing it on one of my other rifles.
    Scroll down to see the rest of their line.
    Prices are a bit scary, but there's a lot of cool stuff on their site-
    http://www.griffinhowe.com/gunroom-main.cfm

Default Quick release rings

Thank you all for the info. I opted to go with the Talleys, they make a set that fits the rifle. I really like the EAW's but they don't make a set to fit.

talkeetnakid