Thread: Lazy Mountain Palmer

Default Lazy Mountain Palmer

Are ther any trails you can ride an ATV in the Lazy mountain area of Palmer, or are they strictly for walking?
    Is the Clark wolverine trail area accessible to ATV's or is it private land as well?

Thanks

depends on what you wanna use it for Butch. I have land on Lazy, and if i catch you or anyone else ridin thru it....well.....you dont wanna know friend. there are a few trails, and the clark wolverine trail is pretty much all private on both sides all the way to the falls which is 12 miles. after that its pretty rugged and i would not recommend an atv in the fall there....those little mudholes and creeks arent much, but come fall, when the rain falls on time every year durin huntin season, stay out or youll be stuck in there, no joke. those creeks and mudholes will swallow a truck overnite. just why would you be usin the trail for? its not for the faint of heart even in dry weather, which is rare....

Default Thanks

Thanks for the info. We'll just stick to the backpacking trails, and we always try to get permission from any landowner before taking the kids out hiking/riding.

Thanks again
    John

I have backpacked Clark-Wolverine all the way 'til it opens out into "No Name Valley" and then on up and over into Carpenter Creek sheep hunting when it used to be open. Getting a 4-wheeler across the creek to the "Cottonwood Corral" is not a problem if you know where you are going and I have seen evidence that 4-wheelers made it up into "No Name Valley" tho I suspect they needed either chains or used a winch. Used to be good sheep country but was often snowed in by mid Sept. Can't say as I would recommend 'wheeling back in there solo tho.

there the trail that goes to the top of lazy mountain itself, and from there i dont know where it goes...should be fun for the kids though as there are usually dall sheep hanging out on the backside in spring, and id say its decent black bear country. if you drive to the end of maud road you can hike along the mountains all the way to knik glacier , but there are bear bait stations out that way.