Thread: Kwikfish for Little Su kings

Default Kwikfish for Little Su kings

What size Kwikfish is appropriate for Little Su kings? I picked up a few last week at Fred's, but now I'm thinking I may have bought too small. The ones I bought were K13s and 14s in silver/chartreuse and hot pink.

John
    "My rod and my reel, they comfort me."

Both the K13 and K14 will work just fine in the Little Su. K15 would be a good one to give a try as well.

Personally I never have liked the K14 all that much. Harder to get them to run "true".

Probably will have to run the K13 with a diver were as if you used the K15 you could run it straight (without a diver).

Mag warts are a good plug to use in the Little Su for kings as well.

It all depends on water conditions, over the bank and off colored i'd be going with the 16,normal flow k15, low flow down to wiggle warts and k14 and k13,and yes at times the smaller kwikfish tend to not run as straight as 15s and 16s,tune them by turning the eye slightly,and or putting a jet planner on a slider 4 to 6' above your kwikfish....good luck and hope to see ya on the river

Quote Originally Posted by sheep man View Post
    It all depends on water conditions, over the bank and off colored i'd be going with the 16,normal flow k15, low flow down to wiggle warts and k14 and k13,and yes at times the smaller kwikfish tend to not run as straight as 15s and 16s,tune them by turning the eye slightly,and or putting a jet planner on a slider 4 to 6' above your kwikfish....good luck and hope to see ya on the river
    MONEY!

Count on it!
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD

Default Thanks for the input

I'll let you know how I manage in a few more weeks.
    "My rod and my reel, they comfort me."

Don't for get Wordens secret weapon; the M-2SP... This little guy is a good complement or alternative to the K-15.

I like wiggle warts a lot better in clear water, although I can't comment on the little su too much though. At the mouth of the talichuitna wiggle warts woked a lot better though.
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Quote Originally Posted by ak_powder_monkey View Post
    I like wiggle warts a lot better in clear water, although I can't comment on the little su too much though.
    Once the fishing goes into full swing, you don't have to worry about clear water after about the first hour.

Folks think the Kenai has a turbidity problem, but WHOA, the Little Su is in a class all its own. What with giant sleds and 150-200 HP motors racing up and down a creek most five year olds could throw a rock across?
    "Let every angler who loves to fish think what it would mean to him to find the fish were gone." Zane Grey
    http://www.piscatorialpursuits.com/uploads/UP12710.jpg
    The KeenEye MD