Thread: Applause

Thumbs up Applause

OK, we have all had time to go home and reflect on the events, teachings and decisions that have come out of this latest cycle of the Alaska Board of Game Meeting. I think it is high time we all get together and give them a real big group hug, from the ODD. Collectively, I would like to see us give the BOG an extremely well deserved round of APPLAUSE. Hip Hip Hurray!!! These guys and gal, sat through endless days of hearing utter nonsense, gazing hopelessly at reams of studies, incessant whining from the varied special interest groups and unrelenting bad press releases from the liberal media. In spite of all this, they were able to maintain their composure and further their personal agenda's as prescribed by state law. Not one of them relinquished their personal belief's or preconceived notions and in doing so, we have been assured of yet another year of fun and folly, the best of both worlds. It simply cannot get any better than that. Now, I ask each of you to join me in offering a HUGE Thank You, to these folks for their "giving" and asking nothing in return. <HUGS>
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

Default one hand clapping

not so much...yeah they worked hard, but how many of us would give an arm to be on that board. i know i would. it's not such a sacrifice. did you like their decisions? I lost more than I gained, and i'm not even talking about controversial stuff like predator control or CSP trapping. I'm talking about messing with permit allocations, point systems, registration vs. drawing, season dates, etc. - plus they already got the state sued over nelchina caribou. i wished they hadn't even met...

The more involved I get with this process the more it stinks! I am still learning but it does seem to me that the BOG does whatever it wants and cares very little about several user groups. For example bow hunters!

I have been on the MATSU AC for the last two years and I thought I was here to represent everyone user group. Not everyone thinks this way! Everyone is entitled to there own agendaís but to discount other groups because of your bias it wrong.

I donít use 4-wheelers to hunt and truly I would like to see them banned from hunting, but you donít see me taking this stance. I am sure they have their purpose and some people may be unable to hunt if they couldnít use them, so I keep my mouth shut. Maybe in the future I will voice my personnel hatred toward 4-wheelers, but then I will be voted off the AC.

Back to the bow hunting thing. I submitted several proposals this years asking for better/more time for bow hunters (Again I donít event hunt with the bow) and these proposal where shot down as soon as they made it to paper. This BOG is very much against ďSpecial huntsĒ so they say, and according to some of there members they will not pass any such proposals.

I only hunted bow one year and loved it but found it frustrating and my success rate that year was zero, so I gave it up and when back to the rifle where my success is normal 100%. This being said I plan on making as many archery/bow hunting proposal as I can just to piss them off. I will continue this until they recognize this user group.

Lightbulb

APPLY HERE

Bob Bell and Ben Grussendorf terms end next March start campaigning. I'm not sure I want to be in their shoes.

Alaska Board of Game Members

Cliff Judkins
    Wasilla, Alaska 99687 Chair 06/30/2012

Ted Spraker 06/30/2011
    Soldotna, Alaska 99669 Vice-Chair

Ben Grussendorf 03/01/2010
    Sitka, AK 99835 03/01/2010

Teresa Sager Albaugh 06/30/2012
    Tok, AK 99780

Bob Bell 03/01/2010
    Anchorage, AK 99503

Lewis Bradley 06/30/2011
    Palmer, AK 99645

Stosh Hoffman Jr. 06/01/2011
    Bethel, Ak 99559
    Chuck

Quote Originally Posted by hiline View Post
    APPLY HERE

Bob Bell and Ben Grussendorf terms end next March start campaigning. I'm not sure I want to be in their shoes.
    No doubt, might want to start with the Anchorage AC.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by tv321 View Post
    The more involved I get with this process the more it stinks! I am still learning but it does seem to me that the BOG does whatever it wants and cares very little about several user groups. For example bow hunters!

And yet Troy you, go to the bench for the org that is/ or seems to be, paying the way for many of the decisions the BOG has made... who the heck do you think Ralph is? been a long time since he personally, sold a ford....

this is a political process... i asked you in another thread whether or not YOU actually represented SFW... or were a lacky about to be hung out to dry when the stink hit the fan...you ignored it..

have you not figured out the political process yet? honestly i find it hard to believe you that daft... you can rail against one side of the board yet support the financial aide behind it? all i can say is GROW THE HECK UP!!!!!!!!!!.......
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

the interesting thing about fish and game management in this state is that the Constitution mandates that we rape and pillage our environment as much as we can sustainably. I imagine ignoring that is hard
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.