Thread: M77 Hawkeye alaskan 375 ruger rings

Default M77 Hawkeye alaskan 375 ruger rings

Well i was on rugers site and looking for any quick detach rings that might fit the new hawkeye alaskan i just bought. I could not find any on there anywhere. I was wondering if i am just not reading the site correctly or if they just don't make any at all? I have the factory rings it came with, but those don't allow me to use the iron sights and that just doesn't make any sense to me. Either see through rings or quick detach (my preference) would serve the purpose, so if anyone can shed some light on this it would help alot. Thanks

David

You can buy Warnes or Talleys. I have Warnes on my 338 and they are rock solid, and they hold a zero.

Default Somebody makes a lever.....

There is also a QD lever to go on the factory Ruger rings and that makes a very good detachable ring. I looked through the Brwonell's catalog and coun't find them so I'll have to run them down later. Maybe you could google and find them. Don't know the maker but I have used them so I know they exist. I've put them on a couple different Ruger Hawkeyes in 375 as a mattter of fact.

I agree detachable mounts and good iron sights add a lot of usefulness and ruggedness to a rifle.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Default Warne Maxima QD Rings

Brownells carries these rings but only in 1", I recently put a set on a 375 Ruger, So far so good

Brownells Item #947-000-055 for Med Height 1" rings

All,
    Thanks for the help on finding those QD rings. I was really starting to sweat it when sportys said they weren't sure who carried them or not! I know these ruger 375's are a newer rifle and are limited on Ammo and odds and in like the rings. Once again thanks for the help!

Default cabela's

used to have warnes or some brand anyways for the rugers. I never bought them but they are/were on cabela's web site.

Murphy----If you track them down please post. I tried to find them a while back. I came up with nothing. But heard the same thing from a few different people, maybe even here on this site. Would be interested myself in the levers.

Quote Originally Posted by MDwhatley View Post
    All,
    I know these ruger 375's are a newer rifle and are limited on Ammo and odds and in like the rings.
    Unless I am mistaken, the Ruger Rings are not different for the Ruger Alaskan, they are the same rings and mounting set up as the older Mark II and newer Hawkeyes.

Quote Originally Posted by AlaskaCub View Post
    Unless I am mistaken, the Ruger Rings are not different for the Ruger Alaskan, they are the same rings and mounting set up as the older Mark II and newer Hawkeyes.

That is correct.

I also believe that any Ruger Mark II or Hawkeye magnum contoured stock (25-06,300WM, 338WM) will also fit the Ruger Alaskan.

Heres a pic of the QD Warnes on my 338WM

The levers are (were) made by Meier Works. They are listed at Midway but, they never have them in stock. I tracked down someone who made them (don't know if there were others who manufactured them) about 1.5 years ago. He stated they were expensive to make and he had no plans of making more.

I just bought the Warnes for my 300 WM Ruger 77 and love them.