Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: Combating Ashley Judd finally.

  1. #1

    Default Combating Ashley Judd finally.

    This is a powerful site, and it kind of puts Miss Judd in her place.
    Alaska is not Nashville and we do not need to be told how to manage our wildlife. Kudos to those that put the new website together, especially the
    60 TV spot about Alaskan wild food that is on the KATN evening news.

    www.defendersofwildfood.org Pretty cool.

  2. #2
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    if i wasn't skeptical before i sure am now????????
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

  3. #3

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Headwaters View Post
    This is a powerful site, and it kind of puts Miss Judd in her place.
    Alaska is not Nashville and we do not need to be told how to manage our wildlife. Kudos to those that put the new website together, especially the
    60 TV spot about Alaskan wild food that is on the KATN evening news.

    www.defendersofwildfood.org Pretty cool.
    Joe,
    Post up your zipcode, so we can tell if you are credible or not.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    anchorage
    Posts
    344

    Default

    DANG ,

    Somehow I got here looking for hot photos of Ashley Judd. I know what I want for dinner .














    just kidding guys - I can't stand someone from outside telling us how we should manage our predators/wildlife. But she IS hot!!

  5. #5
    Member homerdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    homer, alaska
    Posts
    3,922

    Default

    "I can't stand someone from outside telling us how we should manage our predators/wildlife."

    me neither... so why aren't we telling SFW to get lost and pound sand?
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

  6. #6

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by homerdave View Post
    "I can't stand someone from outside telling us how we should manage our predators/wildlife."

    me neither... so why aren't we telling SFW to get lost and pound sand?
    Me neither....so can someone please tell everyone where the parent orgainization is headquartered from, for the alaskabackcountryhunters.org. Someone talked of Utah, some talked of Oklahoma and even one guy mentioned Arkansas. I think there are a lot of people that echo your sentiments.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  7. #7
    Member AKBassking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE Alaska-Summer Columbia River-Winter
    Posts
    2,007

    Default Great Picture

    I have posted this in my office! I wonder If they will buy some billboard time in Nashville, along I-80 and I-95???


    ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

  8. #8
    New member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    I am Valley trash.
    Posts
    589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by homerdave View Post
    "I can't stand someone from outside telling us how we should manage our predators/wildlife."

    me neither... so why aren't we telling SFW to get lost and pound sand?
    SFW/SFH Alaska has over about 2000 alaska members so telling them to pound sand might not be a good thing!

  9. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tv321 View Post
    SFW/SFH Alaska has over about 2000 alaska members so telling them to pound sand might not be a good thing!
    I've heard less than 600 is the 'verifiable' number.

    Besides, the gay and lesbian membership is probably greater than SFW-SFH membership....as is the Alaska Independence Party or the Girl Scouts of America.....bragging about membership numbers and stretching the truth smells funny and don't prove a thing.


  10. #10
    Member homerdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    homer, alaska
    Posts
    3,922

    Talking

    well, yeah avalanche, good points...
    but every time SFW makes the news we get a bunch of new AK BHA members.
    (and we don't even have to throw tupperware-style "hunting the hunter" parties at hotels, and promise bear hunts....)
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

  11. #11

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by homerdave View Post
    well, yeah avalanche, good points...
    but every time SFW makes the news we get a bunch of new AK BHA members.
    (and we don't even have to throw tupperware-style "hunting the hunter" parties at hotels, and promise bear hunts....)
    I am just thinking it might be way easier to recruit members to a "free lunch", as opposed to the luncheon where they are expected to pay for the salad and fruit. But..that is just a hunch.
    "96% of all Internet Quotes are suspect and the remaining 4% are fiction."
    ~~Abraham Lincoln~~

  12. #12
    New member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    I am Valley trash.
    Posts
    589

    Default

    [QUOTE=AVALANCHE;454085]I've heard less than 600 is the 'verifiable' number.

    QUOTE]

    Held a 1200 person "Alaska Moose Federation" event two years ago and each person was given an SFW membership. Also held another 200 person event last year, so I know there is at least 1200.

    troy

  13. #13
    Member Oak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    96

    Default

    Now there's a way to boost membership...give them away!

    Were those two-year memberships?

  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Alaska
    Posts
    48

    Default SFW

    Homer Dave, doesn't matter what the SFW wants, they can go pound sand...or not...doesn't matter. Our state constitution dictates, and the highest and best use of our resources is growing more eatable animals.

  15. #15
    Forum Admin Brian M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eagle River, AK
    Posts
    13,393

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HuntnFish View Post
    Our state constitution dictates, and the highest and best use of our resources is growing more eatable animals.
    Are black bears not edible? They taste pretty good to me.

  16. #16
    Member bushrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Now residing in Fairbanks from the bush
    Posts
    4,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tv321
    Held a 1200 person "Alaska Moose Federation" event two years ago and each person was given an SFW membership.
    Care to expound on that, Troy? Giving away 1200 SFW memberships?

    That brings even more questions about where all the money is coming from for the SFW/SFH-Alaska bear control in Unit 16. Last year you guys claimed you spent 100grand on that. This year, helicopters, more camps...more money, have to wonder why any org would pay that much to kill off some bears, and what they expect in return down the line.

    Huntnfish, respectfully our state constitution doesn't say anything about the highest and best use of our resourses going to growing more eatable animals. If it did, well I raised a family out here in part on bear meat and bear fat, and interior bears are perfectly edible from the minute they come out of the den til the minute they go into hibernation. So if the highest and best use were to grow more "eatable" animals, I suppose bears would be included in that list, eh?

    Let's not confuse what the constitution says and what IM Law says. Two entirely different things.

  17. #17
    New member
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Marshall
    Posts
    1,975

    Default Even if...

    blackbears weren't "eatable" (try edible), this is wholesale SLAUGHTER, not management...

  18. #18
    Member AKBassking's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    SE Alaska-Summer Columbia River-Winter
    Posts
    2,007

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bushrat View Post
    Let's not confuse what the constitution says and what IM Law says. Two entirely different things.
    Thank you Mark. Some of us have actually read the State Constitution, Article VIII, Section 4.

    ALASKAN SEA-DUCTION
    1988 M/Y Camargue YachtFisher
    MMSI# 338131469
    Blog: http://alaskanseaduction.blogspot.com/

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    2 mi east of 'Halfmoon creek"
    Posts
    831

    Default

    I liked the video, as far as I can remember I've never seen anything on screen countering "hollywood", Ashley Judd has nothing to do with promoting Alaska as far as I know. This is still free America, and I think the Alaskan video does more to benifit Alaska than the "Hollywood Judd" video. Fight fire with fire...to be 'fair'.

  20. #20
    Member Vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time
    Posts
    8,989

    Default

    you know the funny thing is that a memeber/ guide, sent me a minutes from a meeting that said sheep were not meat animals either. .... Still waiting for that expalination...whats it been two months now?
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

    meet on face book here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •