Thread: Ranger Canoes

Default Ranger Canoes

doing some research on some of the smaller manufactures of Canoes and came on to the Ranger Canoes. http://www.rangercanoe.com/index.htm
    They are manufactured on the actual lake that the Movie (On Golden Pond) was filmed. The company has been making a limited number of hand built canoes since the mid 1960's. They currently offer only two different Canoes. both 16ft, one Kevlar, and one Fiberglass.
    The company makes a total of 150 boats a year. The owner wants to keep it that way, as he actually is involved in each canoe.
    They have a nice website and I like the looks of this boat. The Kevlar version weighs a mere 47 lbs and the Glass version weighs in at a very light 55 lbs. The price is really attractive too. A Kevlar Canoe of any quality is usually priced above the advertised price of these boats.
    If any of you have used or have owned a Ranger Canoe, please let us know your feelings on the boats.
    I see that these boats have won several Canoe races and competitions.
    They say the quality as good as it gets.
    Tell us what you think..
    Max

When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com

Morning Max.
    I was looking at them a couple of days ago & was impressed myself (that's not too hard, I'm pretty much a rookie). I also found them on e-bay. It seems they have a limited amount of factory blems (minute finish flaws) that they sell on there. Might take a look. Would be perfect for a rental fleet.
    If you don't mind I'd like to buy you lunch or breakfast some day in the near future & pick your brain on the canoe system.
    Vance in AK.

Matthew 6:33
    "But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you."

Default sounds good

Next season we will have a few new canoes, and I will be putting a few new kevlar Canoes in the mix.
    When you come to a fork in the trail, take it!

Rentals for Canoes, Kayaks, Rafts, boats serving the Kenai canoe trail system and the Kenai river for over 15 years. www.alaskacanoetrips.com