Thread: Float Plane ID

Default Float Plane ID

I was wondering if anyone remembers a charter company that, if memory serves me correctly, operated out of Anchorage in the late '80s -called "Million Air". (I might be wrong on the name) As a kid, I grew up on Armin F. Koerning Hatchery AKA Port San Juan in PWS and remember this company delivering mail out to the hatchery for a short time after Chisum left. "Million Air" operated at least 1 or 2 beavers which were painted white and had black and red totem pole markings down the stripe line of the fuselage. I am just curious as to what happend to the plane/company. I am not a pilot, (no way can I afford it right now!) but I have a small collection of photos of the DH-2's that used to service the sound. I'm just curious if any one knows which company I'm talking about and if they have any pics of the beavers. Thanks, Chris Mattson

Default Million Air

There's a company by that name operating out of Ted Stevens International Airport in Anchorage. HERE'S A LINK to their site. I believe they are out of Dallas Texas though. Might be a different company.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay

Default Million Air

Thanks for the reply. I checked the website you referenced and that company is a different company since the one that I'm thinking of just operated a couple of Beavers and possibly a cessna.