Thread: Haglöfs Rugged Mountain Pants

Default Haglöfs Rugged Mountain Pants

I will not try to hide my infatuation with Swedish gear. They just seem to know what they are doing. I love my Hilleberg tent and I want that quality in everything now. I was searching through some European gear sites and stumbled across the "Haglöfs Rugged Mountain Pant"

The company has an impressive history tracing it's roots back to 1914 and starting with back packs sold from a bicycle.

Here is a review from hiker in the UK

Any one try these?

not yet, but ill have them on as soon as i receive them... dang, i really gotta stay off these forums.....

I am not looking for any more pants at the moment, but looking at the product description it says nothing about quick drying, but maybe thats a given I guess. Anyways, Browningguy let us know whatcha think of them.

From the PTC review I linked too:
    The DWR is effective as well, they dry quick when they do get wet and are comfortable across a wide range of temperatures. Windproof and warm enough on the move in winter, but still usable in warm weather. The build quality and detailing are oustanding.

i wonder which ill like better, the mammut champ pants or these haglofs. ill let yall know. i have no idea how long the shippings gonna be.

Where did you order them from? do you have a link? I am very interested in what you think of them.

i ordered them from http://www.fellandmountain.co.uk/product/rugged-pant/. they kinda remind me of the pants Rick French is wearing in Black Shale White Sheep. these also seem nice as well. http://www.xtreme-outdoors.com/acatalog/Store_Home_Montane_Terra_Technical_Pants_147.html.
    the montane seem like a much lighter pant maybe? my buddy ordered a pair of these a week or so ago. i think the haglofs are going to be a righteous pant. i checked out a couple other reviews of them and they seem like a well LOVED pant. oh and it comes out to 150.99... lol, i didnt think 99 euro or whatever would hurt that bad. haha... oh well, make more money tomorrow.......

what did shipping run you for those pants? it would be great if you could post some upclose pics of the pants to get a better look at the fabric.

the shipping was £7.95... 10.?? i think in U.S dollar? its worth the gamble i think. the way i see it is, ill wear them regardless for some activities and they may turn out to be my favorite mountain pant or turn out to be an expensive pair of play pants haha. i ordered a pair of mammut champ pants a few days ago as well. heard great things about those as well. im still partial to my Ascent pants tho! i know some people hate them, but dang, they just fit me remarkably well. i love the fabric too. they dry FAST and hold up well i think. (i did blow the crotch out a couple times) ill post more pics once i receive them. they have to make it to my parents house, then here to korea, so it might be a couple weeks tho.
    P.S. i LOVE gear!!!

I haven't tried those pants, but we did pick up a few Haglofs items off of Sierra Trading post. My wife got a nice down parka and I picked up a light rain shell. Unfortunately they're actually products of Asia. But, my wife loves the down parka, it weighs next to nothing and keeps her toasty warm. The rain shell is small enough I can stuff it in a fanny pack or the pocket of a fleece layer and not now its there, yet it keeps me dry when it's raining.

hmmmm, yep I emailed the company..."made in Vietnam"...Oh well it is hard to get anything that is not made over there, I hope they have better QC than most of the junk we get out of that corner of the world.

yeah, i just recently noticed the made in vietnam. (after i ordered) BUT i still have high hopes for the pants... i did get an email saying they have been shipped. ill let you all know what i think of them once i get them.