Thread: Northwest Alaska Char...

Default Northwest Alaska Char...

There is an article in the March 2009 Flyfisherman magazine about arctic char/dolly varden.

They had some help from Walt Maslen of www.northwestalaska.com He rents rafts and other high quality gear in Kotzebue and is a nice guy. He is also an active forum member by the same name "Northwestalaska". I have talked with him many times when planning float trips up that way. He is very knowledgable and a great resource for anyone taking trips up that way.

Anyway, below is a link to the article. If you get a copy at a bookstore, you will see my wife's picture in Walt's advertisement on page 47. She was proud of that 9 lb dolly. Anyway, a link to the article is below. Thought you may enjoy it. The Alaska part starts on page 3 of 6 in the below link.

http://flyfisherman.com/canada/FF_ar...903/index.html

Below are a few nice dollies we have got up there. 9, 11, and 14 lbs respectively.

The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
    There is an article in the March 2009 Flyfisherman magazine about arctic char/dolly varden.

They had some help from Walt Maslen of www.northwestalaska.com He rents rafts and other high quality gear in Kotzebue and is a nice guy. He is also an active forum member by the same name "Northwestalaska". I have talked with him many times when planning float trips up that way. He is very knowledgable and a great resource for anyone taking trips up that way.

Anyway, below is a link to the article. If you get a copy at a bookstore, you will see my wife's picture in Walt's advertisement on page 47. She was proud of that 9 lb dolly. Anyway, a link to the article is below. Thought you may enjoy it. The Alaska part starts on page 3 of 6 in the below link.

http://flyfisherman.com/canada/FF_ar...903/index.html

Below are a few nice dollies we have got up there. 9, 11, and 14 lbs respectively.

I did notice that when I picked up the magazine a while back. Nice looking fish, he might have had your monster in the advertisement if you weren't jacking the jaw with that grip... LOL! I'm not getting into that again....Sweet Photos Dan!

Fish On!
    You know your not catching any fish when you start talking about the weather...

http://www.alaskansalmonslayers.com/

If you ever see another dolly pic from me, I can assure you it will be sans Boga. Got more sh^t on this than you could imagine. Well, maybe you could
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.