Thread: Haul road Regs help

Default Haul road Regs help

Can someone please clarify for me how many bou I am aloud while hunting the road with my bow. If i were to hunt the chandalar shelf how many am I aloud? I thought it was 5 bou pp but after talking with a guy today he said it was 2pp and when I went to fish and game he couldn't tell me go figure. I thought everything north of atigun hunting the road was 2 bou pp and south of atigun was 5 can someone please help clarify

2 Caribou Bull
    or
    1 Oct. you can take either Cow or Bull 2 total still
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

I think it also says you can only check TWO at the bridge at a time.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Resident limits:

North of Atigun MP244 (unit 26B) = 2 caribou (bulls only July 1st-Sept. 30th)
    South of Atigun MP237-244 (unit 25A) = 10 caribou
    South of Unit 25A MP98-237 (unit 24A) = 5 caribou per day

Thanks jerod that's what I thought it was and how I read it but people are still posting 2pp. This where i'm getting my info is this wrong http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/gis/i...nts&speccode=C

No problem. Usually people associate the Haul Road caribou hunting to unit 26B only. I've seen decent groups of bulls in unit 25A in August, so they are occasionally there in the summer, but the normal herd movement would put them in unit 26 from July through the end of the year. You can usually find caribou south of Atigun in January through March.

Fyi
    if you shoot 1 south of atigun you then can only shoot 1 north
    if you got two south of atigun then you can not get any north in the archery area or to the east of it.

Can not shoot some south and still have 2 bag limit north.

It used to be you could not take more than 5 bou south of the yukon.
    RETIRED U.S.A.F. CAPT.; LIFETIME MEMBER NRA; LIFETIME MEMBER ALASKA BOWHUNTER ASSOC.
    MASTER BOWHUNTER EDUCATION INSTRUCTOR; MEMBER UNITED BLOOD TRACKERS; POPE & YOUNG MEASURER

where would one find these rules to how many you can bring south of the bridge and is that number per person or whole party. I hope it is per person kinda would seem stupid to go up there with 3 people and can't even bring back your limit per person if you are lucky enough to get close enough to kill some

Go to the ADFG website and see regulations. Look at units 24, 25 and 26. More specifically, if you are driving/hunting the HR. Look at 24A, 25A and 26B. It spells it all out. It all depends where you are and what time of the year it is in a given area as to what bag limit applies.

http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/index...ations.hunting