Thread: sportsman whse

Default sportsman whse

I read last night the Sportsman Whse is closing down 23 stores to avoid bankruptcy and also selling off 15 stores. This is out of 67 that they own. Will this affect your town?
    If you like getting kicked by a mule...then you'll "love" shooting my .458.

Default Not Alaska

From their website...

23 stores are being liquidated to reduce bank debt:
    • Aurora, CO
    • Coon Rapids, MN
    • DePere, WI
    • Henderson, NV
    • Lafayette, IN
    • Las Cruces, NM
    • Las Vegas, NV
    • Legacy, TX
    • Memphis, TN
    • Nampa, ID
    • New Berlin, WI
    • Oklahoma City, OK
    • Pittsburgh, PA
    • Pocatello, ID
    • Roanoke, VA
    • Rogers, AR
    • Round Rock, TX
    • St. Cloud, MN
    • Sioux Falls, SD
    • Southaven, MS
    • Visalia, CA
    • Wichita, KS
    • Woodbury, MN

15 stores are being sold to UFA Co-op:
    • Bend, OR
    • Bozeman, MT
    • Burlington, WA
    • Coeur d’Alene, ID
    • Fargo, ND
    • Federal Way, WA
    • Helena, MT
    • Kennewick, WA
    • Lacey, WA
    • Missoula, MT
    • Portland, OR
    • Salem, OR
    • Silverdale, WA
    • Spokane, WA
    • Vancouver, WA

http://www.sportsmanswarehouse.com/company.cfm
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

Given the sales they make here in AK I don't think they'd be shutting down, however I would be broken hearted if that did happen
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Got a email from Pat Nolde area manger that said the alaska stores are staying open as sportsman warehouse.All the alaska stores are doing fine

I got $600 in gear for less than 250 in the Nampa store because of the closing.
    375 Ruger Hawkeye...Mice to Moose, Impala to Buffalo....1 GUN.....WORLDS PURSUIT

Quote Originally Posted by brokeeye View Post
    Got a email from Pat Nolde area manger that said the alaska stores are staying open as sportsman warehouse.All the alaska stores are doing fine
    I dont see how they could be doin fine w/ empty shelves and no re-ordering, but at the same time I can see it since there is not much competition for them up here.

Quote Originally Posted by brokeeye View Post
    really? Ask them when they are restocking Leupold?

Here I will tell you...never...they are into Leupold for $1,000.000 already.

And Leupolds not the only one

Bummer, powder prices and primers are gonna get even stupider

Quote Originally Posted by ripnlip View Post
    I dont see how they could be doin fine w/ empty shelves and no re-ordering, but at the same time I can see it since there is not much competition for them up here.
    I agree. I don't even go there anymore. The last four times I was there I walked out empty-handed because the item(s) were not in stock. I'm not a retailer, nor do I claim to know much about retail, but couldn't they just order more stock. It's not going to spoil.

If they have no credit they cannot restock. With the rest of the corp trying to avoid bankruptcy I can guarantee that there are vendors that aren't getting paid right now. Don't pay your vendors and you don't get stock.
    Bunny Boots and Bearcats: Utility Sled Mayhem

Default I hope we all can hang on

My best friend works for Sportsman’s Warehouse and tells me that the owner Stew Ostergard is a great guy and has remarkable business sense. In 15 months Sportsman’s Warehouse went from a debt of over 200 million, I think 219, comes to mind and reduced that down to 40 million, through early payments. As with most retail businesses, these days, the banks are hording the capitol and most everyone is having troubles with loans for flooring and temporary operating expenses. Sportsman’s Warehouse has been doubling in growth for the past eight or so years, I have been told. I sure hope that we can get out of this mess, but I am afraid that we will have a repressive State banking institution by the time this is all said and done…..Big

Quote Originally Posted by Bigmnt View Post
    My best friend works for Sportsman’s Warehouse and tells me that the owner Stew Ostergard is a great guy and has remarkable business sense. In 15 months Sportsman’s Warehouse went from a debt of over 200 million, I think 219, comes to mind and reduced that down to 40 million, through early payments. As with most retail businesses, these days, the banks are hording the capitol and most everyone is having troubles with loans for flooring and temporary operating expenses. Sportsman’s Warehouse has been doubling in growth for the past eight or so years, I have been told. I sure hope that we can get out of this mess, but I am afraid that we will have a repressive State banking institution by the time this is all said and done…..Big
    Sounds like the country in microcosm. We are all in a bit of a sinking ship here and I hope we get the bilge pump running soon. We have been exporting our jobs and nation’s wealth to the third world with the ill conceived “free trade agreements” for far too long now! The more we export our wealth on disposable goods the faster we join the third world in poverty.

We send our money to china for widgets they make and we make less and less. They can make more widgets but since we don’t make any goods when we run out of money they will have all the money, widgets, and jobs. Then what?

Andy