Thread: Seward Charter

Default Seward Charter

Looking for a good charter out of Seward at the end of July for a group of friends. I think they want to fish silvers and ?. Any recommendations for a good outfit would be helpful.
    Thanx

Give Andy of crackerjack a call

http://www.crackerjackcharters.com/
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Thumbs up Profish-n-sea

Give Steve a shout at Profish-n-sea. Check out his web link: http://www.profish-n-sea.com/
    I have used his charter 3 times and we always limited out and got a couple of big ones as well.
    “Don't expect to build up the weak by pulling down the strong." ~Calvin Coolidge~

Default Best one down there

Jeff barney at silverado charters. He'll put you on the fish.

I'll second the recommendations for both Profish-n-Sea and Crackerjack...not only do the catch fish, and big ones, but you won't find better boats and equipment, or more professional captains and hands. Your only problem with them is your timing...they are probably full for July by now, but give'm a call.
    "The Gods do not subtract from the allotted span of men's lives the hours spent in fishing" Assyrian Tablet 2000 B.C.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Alaska Gray View Post
    Give Andy of crackerjack a call

http://www.crackerjackcharters.com/
    My vote is also for Crackerjack....best charter experience we ever had out of Seward!

Thanx everybody, I'll see who's available. Makes it easier on me.
    Thanx again
    Tom

I have heard good things of Crackerjack, but not used them. If they are booked up, consider Puffing Charters. I used them once and they did a great job. I would use them again without reservation. But as you can see, lots of choices. Just thought I would help muddy the water
    The two loudest sounds known to man: a gun that goes bang when it is supposed to go click and a gun that goes click when it is supposed to go bang.

Thumbs up choices...

Andy from Crackerjack and Steve from Profishin-Sea are both about as good as it gets. I have fished with Steve and my daughter and her husband send some of their clients to them every summer. Try a combo trip. Halibut, lings, silvers, yellow eye, YEEHAW!

I spent about 3 weeks in Seward last year and I think it is really hard to go wrong with the Tia Rose. Talk about a sweet boat! Last year they had multiple leaders in the Seward Halibut Derby and seemed to always come back with a boat full of dandy fish. I would assume that they are getting booked up too right about now like the others. I think the Tia Rose is operated by Alaska Fishing Adventure.

Worst Seward trip I ever had was with Miller's Landing! While our boat was fishing, the deckhands were also fishing and seemed miffed if they had to put their rods down to help a client put on fresh bait / land a fish!

Captain Jeff Barney, Silverado Charters, called day before to cancel my pre-paid trip in July due to engine trouble and has yet to refund.

Default Seward Rip off

Quote Originally Posted by dinkwalr View Post
    Captain Jeff Barney, Silverado Charters, called day before to cancel my pre-paid trip in July due to engine trouble and has yet to refund.
    There is no Silverado Charters, they have been out of business for three years.

Check this out and stop reccomending this guy before more people get ripped off:

Guide fined for logbook violations
    Thu 25 Jun 2009 - Filed under: Announcement — hettick
    Print Article - Comments (0) (No Ratings Yet)
    Associated Press – June 24, 2009 2:44 PM ET
    SEWARD, Alaska (AP) – A guide operating out of Seward has been fined $6,500 for failing to meet sport fish log book requirements.
    Alaska State Troopers say 38-year-old Jeffrey P. Barney of Anchorage was fined $10,000 with $3,500 suspended and placed on 1-year probation.
    Troopers say Barney was convicted of 20 counts of failing to comply with sport fish guide log book requirements and fined $500 per count.
    He also was ordered to pay $1,030 restitution to a party of 4 nonresident clients to whom he had failed to restore a refund after failing to provide a sport fishing charter as contracted last July.
    Barney is the owner and operator of Silverado Deep Sea Charters.

No Comments »

Ouch, thats cold. Someone oughta bust his head open.