Thread: Flat stanley and some ptarmagin

Default Flat stanley and some ptarmagin

So I received in the mail from my Nephew his flat stanley project. Flat Stanley is a 10 inch laminated cut out of a guy who I assume my Nephew made. I am supposed to take him (flat stanley) around and take pictures of alaska. My brothers kid is from Northern California so I decided it would be good to show some true alaska in my oppinion. I went snowmobiling and found some ptarmigan and was lucky enough to get 5 with my 10/22. The birds were very spooked and getting to withing 100 yards was really hard. I dont know if they will allow a picture of dead birds and Flat Stanley with a rifle but we will see. It is California after all.
    Pat
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default nice

well congrats on the birds. i also recieved a flat stanley in the mail from my cousin a couple years ago took him out and got pics with his first moose he ever saw and caribou and then took him ice fishing. im sure he will love the pics dont know if school will. congrats again on the birds

I remember doing the Flat Stanly project in 3rd or 4th grade and now I'm a senior. My dad was actually stationed up here and I sent it to him, now my little cousin who's in 3rd grade sent us her Flat Stanly

Anyways back on topic, nice birds

I amf filling out info on pictures of Flat Stanley today to send back to my cousin in Alabama. I also added her Flat Stanlet to the trail mail that mushers are required to cary on the Iditarod trail durring the race. I am not sure who has him but I am sure the kids will enjoy reading about his adventures.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/

Post I also

Thats funny last year I took a flat stanley out to the range with me and got some photos of him shooting clay pigeons and my .22. I Bet the teachers love all the photos that return with flat stanley's from Alaska that all contain firearms.

Cool Pictures of Flat Stanley that teachers don't like

Here is a pic that my son's teacher would not allow posted on their board. Something about not wanting to talk about the war with the kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Delta Tenderfoot View Post
    Here is a pic that my son's teacher would not allow posted on their board. Something about not wanting to talk about the war with the kids.
    Oh my goodness, that's one of the BEST Flat Stanley pictures that I have ever EVER seen.

Here are a few of mine that I have had to do in the past:

Hip hip for Garnede!

I have one that I took to Moah, Utah with me, too... but I went back 38 pages in my photobucket to find that I didnt post pictures of that little guy with me. I'll have to pull out the external hard drive and find those pictures.

To stay on topic, we have seen a TON of ptarmigan in our area.
    Lurker.

Yeah so the teacher said no dice about the gun and dead bird pictures. Oh well

Thumbs up Flat Stanley

We took our nieces flat Stanley fishing on the Kenai last summer and black bear hunting we had a blast with it took lots of pictures her teacher thought it was great but they are from Wisconsin.