Thread: Unit 22 Musk Ox season extension

Default Unit 22 Musk Ox season extension

Working on a season extension for unti 22 Musk Ox. It closes Mar. 15. Stil units with quotas unfilled and a few draw permits that have also not been filled.
    We'll see if we get it.
    I can't help being a lazy, dumb, weekend warrior.......I have a JOB!
    I have less friends now!!

Default 22 e

i still have a tag an extersion would be nice MT do you still rent snowmachines

Here is the letter I sent to the BOG.

I would like to formally request that the board agree to review this petition under 5 AAC 96.625 due to the unexpected poor weather that has occurred on Nunivak Island and in Bethel during the normal hunting season.

Several hunters were unable to travel to Mekoryuk during the normal season and after discussing with my transporter, Abe David, he is trying to cram in several hunters during the last few days of the season. He has also mentioned that the weather this season has been very poor and is planning on contacting fish and game for an extension on the season as well. A few of the hunters who are affected currently were those that were notified of winning a permit to hunt musk ox through the alternates list, including myself. I had a very difficult time working with transporters to squeeze me in and during my time slot; the weather did not allow me to fly from Bethel to Mekoryuk. During my second attempt to head to Mekoryuk, the weather in Bethel held up the flights. I am now not able to try again until after the 22nd of March. Having spent over three thousand dollars at this point, and not even getting to the hunting location, I would like to make every effort possible to complete this hunt.

Due to unforeseen weather related issues that has created a situation where a biologically allowable resource harvest would be precluded by a delayed regulatory action and such delay would be significantly burdensome because the resource will be unavailable to me in the future, I would appreciate that the board approve of the extension of this hunt as they did in the past under emergency order number 05-03-06. http://www.wildlife.alaska.gov/regul...6/05-03-06.pdf

If there is any other information you need from me, or if there is another person I should speak with about this, please pass their name and contact information along to me. I appreciate your time to read this letter and hopefully work with me on passing this petition.

GOOD LUCK!

Yes, palmer, still renting.

thanks jerod.

Default musk ox

MT pm sent

Doesn't look like it will happen on the state side. Too late to get going. Might happen for the federal season. That won't help those who live outside the area.