Thread: Thoughts on .460 ammo

Question Thoughts on .460 ammo

I have been looking at a few different rounds for carry during the bear months. Short of reloading my own. Anyone have any thoughts on their favorites. I am looking at corbon, buffalo bore, nosler. Just a few to start. Thanks

CorBon 395 grain hard cast @ 1425fps if you can shoot them, they will rock your hand. or try a 260 grain bullet. Its useless if you canít shoot it and hit with it.

Andy

Any round that will keep you missing by miles. Maybe heat seeking.

Quote Originally Posted by ADfields View Post
    CorBon 395 grain hard cast @ 1425fps if you can shoot them, they will rock your hand. or try a 260 grain bullet. Its useless if you canít shoot it and hit with it.

Andy
    +1 on the CorBon 395 grainers...great round...hard-hitting, deep-penetrating, and accurate.

I had some extraction issues with Buffalo Bore, otherwise that would be my pick...the BB rounds had the hardest recoil I've felt on the 460.

Have you looked at Alaska Backpacker ammo? I know they sell it at Mt. View Sports and it seems to be cheaper than BB, CorBon, etc. I'm sure there are folks on here that have used it and can give you a report. I know they sell it in .454, but I'm not sure about .460, .500 etc.