Thread: Alpacka

Default Alpacka

Anyone have any experience with Alpacka Rafts?

Default ps

okay, I forgot to first search the archives.... Now that I've done that let further expand my inquiry.

I need a small tender for my ocean boat. I don't need a motor transom. After I beach my aluminum boat and off load people and gear I'll need something to paddle back to shore after securely anchoring the boat in deeper waters.

Lightert is better and the more purposes I can serve the better....

I started looking at the name brand inflatables but what they offer is a heavy one use boat... I'll spend $1000 on a boat that will sit on top and rarely get used....

If an Alpacka Dory 8-10lbs would work I could easily launch it off my aluminum boat, take it along on float hunts as an emergency back up to our 18 foot catafraft or the Pro-pioneer or I could also pack it in for water crossings on longer walk in hunts...

Any thoughts?

Default Alpacka Rafts

WinMag,

I think the Alpacka would work fine for your purposes. Sheri makes a really good boat.

-Mike
    LOST CREEK COMPANY: Specializing in Alaska hunt consultation and planning for do-it-yourself hunts, fully outfitted hunts, and guided hunts.
    CLICK HERE to send me a private message.
    Web Address: http://alaskaoutdoorssupersite.com/hunt-planner/
    Mob: 1 (907) 229-4501
    "Dream big, and dare to fail." -Norman Vaughan
    "I have climbed my mountain, but I must still live my life." - Tenzig Norgay