Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: If your name is ***** you have to change it to Richard

  1. #1

    Default If your name is ***** you have to change it to Richard

    I just tried to use the first Name DlCK in one of the posts, and it came up **** what is with that....? If your name is DlCK is your name XXX......?

  2. #2

    Default

    I went to high school with a guy named Richard Head. He was a big, strong guy, and you had better call him Richard.

  3. #3
    Member wldboar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    581

    Default

    Coffee out the nose. Thanks Palmer
    The only thing worse than a Subaru is the as*hole who drives it.

  4. #4
    Moderator LuJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    11,415

    Default

    My neighbor when I was a kids was named **** Skills, I kid you not!

  5. #5
    Member spoiled one's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Anchorage
    Posts
    3,230

    Default

    Had an elementary principal named D i c k Blue. The name always made us giggle. He was an ornery old cuss!
    Spending my kids' inheritance with them, one adventure at a time.

  6. #6
    Member COtoAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North Pole, Alaska
    Posts
    1,896

    Default

    I think that would be really difficult for the system to discern between the difference of the word or maybe it just simply can't, so I think that it might as well be kept on the 'do not post word' list. ?!?!
    Lurker.

  7. #7

    Default

    So penis, and Swantz, and pecker are O.K. but d*ck is not, HELLO.

  8. #8
    Forum Admin Brian M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eagle River, AK
    Posts
    13,393

    Default

    If we have a member by that name, perhaps we need to reconsider our approach. Sometimes the shotgun approach takes out unintended targets, but...overall it hasn't been an issue with this particular name. Time for a switch?

  9. #9
    Forum Admin Brian M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eagle River, AK
    Posts
    13,393

    Default

    Perhaps we need to add some words to our list. It's a work in progress, really - when someone uses a term to call someone else a name, it often is added to our list. Not always - but for the more common ones it goes a long way towards saving time for our moderators.

    I wouldn't edit out the word penis, as that's a biological term that is used in game regulations (i.e. the penis sheath must remain natually attached to the meat for some animals). As for the others you listed, well...we take action as it's needed. I certainly appreciate the feedback, as that's how we make this site better and correct oversights.

  10. #10

    Default

    Thats funny. Also knew someone with one of those names. Went by D**key SP*ick in grade school, then D**k SP*ick in Highchool. What were his parents thinking?

  11. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Perhaps we need to add some words to our list. It's a work in progress, really - when someone uses a term to call someone else a name, it often is added to our list. Not always - but for the more common ones it goes a long way towards saving time for our moderators.

    I wouldn't edit out the word penis, as that's a biological term that is used in game regulations (i.e. the penis sheath must remain natually attached to the meat for some animals). As for the others you listed, well...we take action as it's needed. I certainly appreciate the feedback, as that's how we make this site better and correct oversights.
    It started in a thread when I was trying to write about D I C K Proennekee of "One mans wilderness". And it was not making any sense to read it back, because it was all stars. And the people who knew him did not call him Richard. It just seems like a strange place to draw the line, with such a common name. And what is the point if you can still use the word that offends someone but change the letter spacing. On the radio and T.V. you hear frickin this, or that, people know what is meant.

  12. #12
    Forum Admin Brian M's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Eagle River, AK
    Posts
    13,393

    Default

    Fair enough - you're probably right. I'll go make the change, as long as you guys will help and report posts that use it in the other fashion.

  13. #13
    Member COtoAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    North Pole, Alaska
    Posts
    1,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Fair enough - you're probably right. I'll go make the change, as long as you guys will help and report posts that use it in the other fashion.
    That requires us being responsible.
    j/k
    Lurker.

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Fair enough - you're probably right. I'll go make the change, as long as you guys will help and report posts that use it in the other fashion.
    Thank You.......... Brian, If you want to delete my post #9 I think the thread still makes sense to read......

  15. #15
    Moderator LuJon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Palmer, AK
    Posts
    11,415

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    If we have a member by that name, perhaps we need to reconsider our approach. Sometimes the shotgun approach takes out unintended targets, but...overall it hasn't been an issue with this particular name. Time for a switch?
    sorry I can't resist but did you use this term on purpose?

    Besides every one knows that dick takes out unintended targets with his shotgun


    Ok I gotta stop I could pick this one apart all day... you should have seen me rolling when I went to adjust the font size of member....

  16. #16
    Member jmg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    At the end of the cul-de-sac
    Posts
    964

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brian M View Post
    Perhaps we need to add some words to our list. It's a work in progress, really - when someone uses a term to call someone else a name, it often is added to our list.

    So "tool" is on its way to being banned?
    Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •