Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What does a Barney's pack look like?

Default What does a Barney's pack look like?

Hey guys,

First post here at the forum. I'm looking at doing a sheep hunt this year, and as such am looking for packs. All I keep hearing about on this site are how great the Barney's packs are. The trouble is, I have no idea what a "Barney's pack" even is!? I understand it's an external frame pack with a bag attatched, but then again so is a camp trails pack. It look like their website is down too, so that rules that out.

Anyway, just wondering if any of you guys have pics of your Barney's pack? I'm trying to get an idea of their suspension system, as I am a pretty skinny guy, and sometimes the waistbelts on packs don't fit me properly.

Thanks very much. Cheers.

I got asked this question a couple months ago so I took some pics to better give an idea. I have the carnivore frame with the hunter bag.(6700 cu in I believe). Most I think have pinnacle bag which is like 1000-1500 more cubic inches and also has one big compartment rather than the hunter bag which is two main compartments.

I hope these help:

Those work perfectly! Thanks very much. Looks like a guy could haul a lot of weight with one of those.

Default Hunter Pack

Alaska Lanche,
    Like you, I went with the Hunter Pack. I felt the Pinnacle was a bit large. I had a fear of filling it to capacity and then not being able to carry it. I have used the frame on a hike-in bear hunt (no bear) but did not have the pack yet. I am looking forward to filling it with a large ram this year...we'll see. Either way, I love the frame system. It is really comfortable.

i have the big bag, but wish it was bigger...
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    i have the big bag, but wish it was bigger...
    Come On BRWNBR don't hold back. Lets see the "Caddy pack" pic

ok ok geez here it is, me wishin for more space....

Master guide 212

couple more random pics i had laying around of the big barney bag..

Master guide 212

The first time I scrolled right past the pic of you walking down the beach, then something drew my attention back to it .....and ......yep....you are wearing military snowshoes....

dang straight, i love those shoes!! light weight, oversized, durable can be used for anything, and i just wear a toe strap, no heal strap, hate having my foot trapped in a shoe that busted thru the crust and got bound up in some bent over alders. only shoes i own actually. no good in powdery stuff though, but perfect for spring snow conditions!
    Master guide 212

Someone walking down that beach a half hour later might wonder what the heck kind of bird made those prints...

lol ya, but it sure made the walkin' in sand alot nicer and less stressfull on my legs.
    Master guide 212

How much weight were you carrying in that first photo? I think that puts the 72 pounds I've done to shame!

Ron

the first photo ain't all that bad, mostly fluff, its probably in the high 80 range. Did one hunt in late sept for sheep years back and had to stack the clients pack like that again, but his was already 60 or so and mine was already in the 70's, made for a long day. The barney pack is great for weight up to the mid 150's then its all just heavy. Stuff around 200 is just heavy, not sure how much the pack does for you then, cause i've never had that much weight in any other pack. But loads of 50-100 are a breeze in a barneys pack..the suspension is wonderfull.
    i'd like to try a new internal pack for a sheep hunt once, but i'm afraid two days into i'd be kickin' my self...lol
    Master guide 212

Quote Originally Posted by BRWNBR View Post
    But loads of 50-100 are a breeze in a barneys pack..the suspension is wonderfull.
    Speak for yourself.

Doesd anyone have pic's of the new hunters bag? They tell me its green but they don't have any pics to send me and the web site is outdated. Apparently that is the only color it comes in, I am looking at buying one but I want to see a pic first. I can't make it into the store before hand or I would do it. Any pics of the color of the bag would be appreciated! And yes I did do a google search for images but there really isn't anything out there. Thanks in advance!

I don't have one, but I saw them at the store last month. Kind of a light green in color, like willow leaf late in the summer. I think it might blend into the ground real easy!
    "...and then Jack chopped down the beanstock, adding murder and ecological vandalism to the theft, enticement and vandalism charges already mentioned, but he got away with it and lived happily ever after without so much as a guilty twinge about what he had done. Which proves that you can be excused just about anything if you're a hero, because no one asks the inconvenient questions." Terry Pratchett's The Hogfather

Default Not the best pic!

It is not the best picture, but maybe it will help you out. It is the bag on the opposite side of the boat.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Roughneck Country View Post
    Doesd anyone have pic's of the new hunters bag? They tell me its green but they don't have any pics to send me and the web site is outdated. Apparently that is the only color it comes in, I am looking at buying one but I want to see a pic first. I can't make it into the store before hand or I would do it. Any pics of the color of the bag would be appreciated! And yes I did do a google search for images but there really isn't anything out there. Thanks in advance!
    Looks like this:

Best pack I've ever had can't wait to fill it up this fall!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast