Thread: Nalgene owners.

Default Nalgene owners.

I suspect a few of you besides me own and use nalgene bottles.
    Here is a nifty invention.. Well worth the money. Easier and better than those little inserts..(i was always having to twist the bottle till I found the opening and then try not to bump my nose..)
    Makes those wide mouth bottles easy to drink out of and you can still add ice or whatever you'd like to the bottle with ease..
    brilliant IMO.

http://www.humangear.com/capCAP.html

Its all in the little things...

Now that is a pretty nifty little gizmo. Hopefully one will show up at a local store sometime soon, as I'd surely buy it.
    Winter is Coming...

Go GeocacheAlaska!

That's pretty slick. I had found a couple of different caps that made it easier to drink from the nalgene while driving. One was a straw insert that I use with my 1.5 quart unit and the other is one that looks like a travel coffee mug top. It has a thumb lever and a handle. Works pretty slick, I think I picked up the coffee mug type at Sportsmans, but it's been a while.

I'd be interested in this one as well.

We tested their Capcap at backpackgeartest.org. It is a cool little item. Here are the reports if you are interested http://www.BackpackGearTest.org/revi...gear%20capCAP/

Jason

Hmmm... I love the little inserts, and rotating the bottle is hardly an issue for me. Nalgene used to make their bottles with small bottle sized opening, and I still have a couple, but I personally hate them. I like the wide mouth, I just can't use it while driving without the insert.

Besides, sippy cup inserts come in such cool colors - smiley yellow, camo, pink...etc.

Thanks for the link. I actually use the water bladder version of Nalgenes (it saves a few ounces in my pack vs the polycarbonate bottles), but it looks like the cap would still work.
    Tsimshian tribe, wolf clan, the house of Walsk.

I agree that it's a great little item. I just don't think that it would fit my nalgene bottle (smaller/hand held running bottle) that I have.
    Maybe I'll just order it online for our other bottles.
    Lurker.

Default REI in Anchorage

Has them on the rack in the new section to the right as you come into the store. Near all the bottles in the back area.

Quote Originally Posted by akrstabout View Post
    Has them on the rack in the new section to the right as you come into the store. Near all the bottles in the back area.
    Seriously? I was just there 3 days ago at the Anchorage REI. I just bought my new nalgene bottle and I didn't see those there. Was that when you first enter and then make a right where you have the whole wall of nalgene bottles?
    Really.. I didn't see these there!
    Lurker.

Quote Originally Posted by COtoAK View Post
    Seriously? I was just there 3 days ago at the Anchorage REI. I just bought my new nalgene bottle and I didn't see those there. Was that when you first enter and then make a right where you have the whole wall of nalgene bottles?
    Really.. I didn't see these there!

Yep! There was isles infront, about 4' high right in front of the racks of bottles, plastic was to the left and metal ones were more center. Tons of accessories for the Sigg bottle and the Nalgene inserts. I was looking at the stainless Klean Kanteen vs. the Siggs. Not many accessories for the KK but a few for the siggs. You had to walk right through or around the accessories to get to the bottles! They were on the bottom center of an isle. Bummer you missed them. They were hard to find. I found them by accident! Just looking around comparing items. I walked out empty handed. Close to $5 and change for it I believe.

Aren't you guys concerned about the chemical leaching into the water? I don't own any bottles but will soon. So looking at non coated inside bottles. Like the Klean Kantenn, seem very good. The Siggs were lighter but coated with an acrylic coating on the inside to allow use of citric drinks. I don't trust any coatings inside I don't think. Any opinions on this?

Uncoated aluminum would concern me more. The effects of plastic leaching into water is still only partly understood, but the effects of heavy metals is pretty well known.