Thread: Why Robin Hood?

Smile Why Robin Hood?

If one's bow is shooting so good, why would you want to do a Robin Hood? Why wouldn't you just pick a different spot on the target?

If it is just to say you did it, I can understand. But with the cost of arrows, it would make a warm spot in my wallet.

Default i know

Hey i know what you mean, i totally understand but i did it at all different times and i was never trying to do them, or even expecting it to happen and i totally know what you mean. please dont think im trying to brag or anything, i just wanted to show what proper paper tuning could do.

Smile Funny

I shoot so poorly that the remote thought of even hitting another arrow never enters my mind. But even a blind duck can land on water sometimes. Maybe even six times.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Vietnam - June 70 - Feb. 72
    Cancer from Agent Orange - Aug. 25th 2012
    Cancer Survivor - Dec. 14th 2012

Default Haha

yeah exactly! lol maybe 3 times! haha.

Quote Originally Posted by 808Alaska View Post
    . . . but i did it at all different times and i was never trying to do them, or even expecting it to happen . . .
    So you weren't aiming in the same spot, but still got a Robin Hood? I usually see a Robin Hood as a sign of a very consistent shooter, but you seem to be saying that you tried not hit the arrow, but were so inconsistent that you ended up with a Robin Hood?
    Never count your days, but rather, make all of your days count.

I've gone to shooting a 5 spot target almost exclusively for this very reason. When shooting 3-D, I try to aim at different points on the target.

Default HAHA! ok?

whatever you say JMG, lol. what I was saying was that i was aiming at the same spot but because my (BOW IS SO ACCURATE, GROUPINGS IS SO TIGHT AND CUZ IM SUCH A GREAT ARCHER!) lol. HAHA i wish! i happen to make a robbin hood. so its not like it was just all dog ****! lol. i just wasent expecting it.

Default Phase

It's a phase thing. I use to shoot alot and have a michigan championship from way back under my belt and have to say its a phase like smoking the tires on your hot rod. At first its cool, but it get expensive fast. When you get to the a certain level, you constantly start shooting nocks and fletching off, which cost enough and become time consuming, then you start to add up custom arrows and your tone changes fast. I use to keep all the arrows that I killed deer with for about 6 or 7 years, and then next thing I knew I had a dozen arrows that where really not worth nothing any more. I blew out my shoulder years ago, but thinking about getting back into archery lately.

Terry

You must first get a robin hood before you can get a double robin hood!

Default Good Replies

I now have a better understanding. It created some lively and fun replies. Once I saw the comparison to smoking tires, I now understand why.

you know whats better than taking out one of your own arrows....its taking out the arrow of the guy that hit the 12 ring in 3D.....i think it should count as 24 points!!!

P1000283.jpg

Default new question!

just as a general question to whom ever! what is your most favorite arrows (Brand) and why? just curious.

Default Favorite Arrow Thoughts.

My favorite arrow is one that is relatively inexpenive and flies perfect so I can get a Robin Hood.

oh wow so you wanna be just like me ah! lol. cool!

Favorite arrow by far is the "Arrow dynamics" "Hammerhead". They fly like a dart out of all my bows fro a 43 pound long bow to a 65 pound recurve and they have consistently produce double the penetration of a gold tip 5575.

Robin hoods are not as common for us bare bow guys, I don't mind the cost of my 3.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.

Default thanks

Hey man thats cool that you shoot traditional. i got a question for you though. do you notice a big difference when using feathers instead of vains? becasue i hear that feathers kinda slowdown the arrow but you have to use feathers when shooting traditional right? because your not using a rest. just wonderin cuz im thinking of either getting a recurve or trying to make one myself. haha sorry about all the questions i got but im young and curious, you know. lol. thanks in advance.

If feathers slow an arrow at all it's just by a few feet per second. Speed isn't nearly as important as total kinetic energy for a traditional bow. Yes you do need to use feathers with a traditional bow unless your shooting one with an elevated rest.
    BHA Member
    Bowyer to the forces of light in the land of the midnight sun.
    The 3 fold way: Every step we take as we walk through life effects, our family, our comunity and ourselves. One should walk thoughtfuly.