Thread: An amazing bow build along guide

Default An amazing bow build along guide

Check out the detail in this build along. This bowyer is truly an expert! Make sure you have some time to check out the entire thread, he really pays attention to detail and there are a lot of photos.

Hazelnut bow
    AKmud
    http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j96/AKmud/213700RMK1-1.jpg

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

Wow! That was amazing.

That is pretty amazing right there.

Waaaaaaaay cool! Thank you very much for sharing this with us. I have a couple osage orange staves sitting in my work shop that are drying out and waiting for me to try to make a bow out of them. I cut them down in Oklahoma about a year ago on my wife's grandfathers farm down there. I have never made one before. Rick P on the hunting forum said he would show me how it's done sometime. Just trying to find some spare time to do it. Lately any free time I have has been consumed with trying to build my Mom's house. Anyhow, I appreciate the link. That one is going in my favorites for sure.

Jack, check out the "Bowyers Bench" forum on Tradgang.com. There is a LOT of experience on that board and a bunch of build alongs that would be very helpful. I'm in a bow swap there now....I have a hickory backed red oak glued up for the trade that I should probably spend some time with before the weather gets too much better!
    AKmud

The porcupine is a peacful animal yet God still thought it necessary to give him quills....

That was truly awesome!!! I would love a hand made bow.

i would've like to have seen that but for some reason pics never loaded. gotta check out that other website. this is an awesome hobby, now im starting to get the nerve up to go after a blacky instead of whitetail and turkey with one. never thought i'd see the day.

Very cool to see it done step by step. Does anyone know if there is a place where one could take a class to learn how to do that here in alaska?

The Traditional Archers of AK put on classes occasionally. You can check out their website but it hasn't been updated in a while. Might be better to shoot an email to the webmaster or call John L. at the number provided there.
    AKmud

any update?