Thread: Drop Off Fishing.....

Default Drop Off Fishing.....

Please excuse me for posting this, I'm sure some of you have seen this 1000 times. I do live in Anchorage--year round-- but am taking a peek at the idea of seeing if any of you fliers know of a drop off service that can dump me and the kiddo across the inlet during some hot fishing! Where? I have no flippin' idea--yet!

Default lots

Pretty open ended but anyone on lake hood. Rusts is fairly economical on pike to alexander lake. Go right when the ice goes out. They'll know when. Like I said though, I think anyone on lake hood will do that for ya. That would be a good kid fishing spot. Lots of pike.

Default Grizzly 1

Quote Originally Posted by AK-HUNT View Post
    Pretty open ended but anyone on lake hood. Rusts is fairly economical on pike to alexander lake. Go right when the ice goes out. They'll know when. Like I said though, I think anyone on lake hood will do that for ya. That would be a good kid fishing spot. Lots of pike.
    AK-HUNT has a very good suggestion. Todd Rusk can take care of you in a hurry, and do it well, too. Maybe the guys at Alaska Bush Carriers are still at it, also. Alexander Lake is nearby, but, as in all Alaska, once you're out of town, you're in the wilderness, so that's a good bet. Several fishing camps (or lodges) on the Yentna at Lake Creek might be economical, too, and the fishing there is pretty good at times. Finally, fisihing is pretty fair at Chuitt River, near Tyonek. The farther upstream, the better. It's best, of course, when the salmon start running.

If you feel like driving to Talkeetna, there may be some excellent fishing upstream via riverboat trip. Should be economical, too.

Good luck,

Mort Mason

Go talk to Trail Ridge Air, Jim Jensen. I've used him for the last four years for fishing and the last eight for hunting. Good prices, excellent service. www.trailridgeair.com Alexander LAke is on my list this year with my daughter, Jim takes you there and a boat and motor is part of the cost.