Thread: found firearm

Default found firearm

I found a firearm while snowmachining on a trail in Petersville Sunday March 8th.
    I would like to find the owner.
    745-4086

Maby its mine......~LOL!!~

Ive dropped a few in my time, and 9 outa ten times forund it again, somewhere on my trail.
    Never did find a 870 3" 12 G, or a .223Ak, but I got one stainless ruger .10/22 back after about 10 years.
    I lost it on my first ride after X-mas when I got it in '97...being a present, I carved my name into it

The exposed side....

One dry stock!!!, But I gotta say here that the Stainless steel held up rather well, though all other steels were a "Rustweld" with plenty of scrubbing to make 'ehr work proper like.

Hope you find its owner, I bet he misses his gun
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

Quote Originally Posted by Living the Dream View Post
    I found a firearm while snowmachining on a trail in Petersville Sunday March 8th.
    I would like to find the owner.
    745-4086
    If it's a Glock then I'll let my buddy know he lost his the other day while snowmachining.
    Former A.F Staff Sergeant

It would help if you posted caliber, make, model, color and where found

Quote Originally Posted by akspecialus View Post
    It would help if you posted caliber, make, model, color and where found
    Not sure if your serious but I'm sure he's not posting that info for a reason...keeps it anonymous and the right owner in line.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Default Found

Suggest you contact DPS as even if lost, owner may report and could lead to legal issues down the road when or if you are found to be in posession. If it goes unclaimed they should advise you on the time period or legalities of being able to claim. Just my 2 cents worth. You have my respect for at least posting here and attempting to locate an owner and if you already had sought the other guidance then my apologies.

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Not sure if your serious but I'm sure he's not posting that info for a reason...keeps it anonymous and the right owner in line.
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH

Quote Originally Posted by TWB View Post
    Here's your sign
    Art is making something out of nothing and selling it.
    - Frank Zappa

I have seen people in the past here trying to actually get that info out so they can try taking ownership. I was well aware you're posts were joking but felt inclined to post anyways.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

Its ok if you post that info, assuming the rightful owner knows the seriel numbers. I found an AR-15 in the middle of a 4-wheeler trial during moose season last August, it fell of the owners 4 wheeler and he ended up bbieng a member on this forum and i got it back to him thru the troopers. I would sugesst turning it in to the troopers, my dad found a handgun out moose hunting one season and did just that. He told the troopers he wanted the option to buy the gun if the owner never stepped up to claim it. well, the owner never did and my dad ended up getting it for five bucks.

Default found firearm

Oh Crap, you found my $119,000 Rigby double rifle in the .470 cal. Better toss it back out on the trail, it was used in 4 bank robberies and 2 double homicides.

Kidding aside, the troopers are the best advice i've heard yet!
    Mike

all joking aside, yes turn in to troopers, get a case number and if the owner does not claim it, I think they have 90 days, you can make a claim.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

I would turn it in also... besides the fact that it could have been dumped by some one that swiped it and decided to get rid of it for fear of getting caught.

we have seen many reports of cabin break ins and guns taken from trucks on here.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Call Kenny Creek Lodge, (907) 733-1310, to see if someone has reported it missing there.
    It ain't about the # of pounds of meat we bring back, nor about how much we spent to go do it. Its about seeing what no one else sees.

http://wouldieatitagainfoodblog.blogspot.com/