Thread: Cabelas Riflescope

Default Cabelas Riflescope

I interested in purchasing a Cabelas Alaska Guide Premium Riflescope in 3-9X40 for my .338 Mag. I have never had seen or used a Cabelas brand scope. Does anyone have any experience with their AK Premium scopes? How does it compare to other similarly priced scopes. What caliber of rifle do you use it on? etc. My main concern is whether it is made well enough for a .338 Mag. and can handle the recoil over a period of time while maintaining the proper zero. Thanks for any help.

Default What I have

Quote Originally Posted by ak hunter View Post
    I interested in purchasing a Cabelas Alaska Guide Premium Riflescope in 3-9X40 for my .338 Mag. I have never had seen or used a Cabelas brand scope. Does anyone have any experience with their AK Premium scopes? How does it compare to other similarly priced scopes. What caliber of rifle do you use it on? etc. My main concern is whether it is made well enough for a .338 Mag. and can handle the recoil over a period of time while maintaining the proper zero. Thanks for any help.
    I've got the bigger brother of the one you're looking at on my .338 WinMag and have never had a problem with it. Even after a few bumps and drops it was still spot on.

Fuse

Would that be the 4-12X40 model? What type of rings and bases do you use with that scope and rifle rig? Thanks.

Default AK Scope

I have this scope on my 308 and have never had a problem with in, I am thinking about moving it to my 338 for it is a better scope than what I have on the 338. I would definately recommend it....

Default dont buy it

I had one on my Savage model 110 338wm, and it would not hold zero after 2 years of easy use. Cabelas would not take it back. Bought a nikon and now all i shoot.

Terry