Thread: Apex Rifle Company

Default Apex Rifle Company

Does anyone know about the Apex Rifle Co.? I was checking out a used 300wm at my local gun store today and it has an Apex Rifle Co. barrel on it. I couldn't find much info online so I was wondering if any of you knew anything about them. Thanks for any info.
    LIVE TO HUNT....HUNT TO LIVE!!!!

I once had a 98 mauser in 30-06 with an Apex barrel screwed on it. I can't remember the origin of that gun but I put a 4x Redfield on it and it went to Nebraska to shoot what ever critters ya run across in Nebraska.

That was several years back and the last I knew the old boy was still using it with much success!

Apex is a rifle barrel company that I believe was in AZ. I also believe they have gone out of business long ago but don't hold me to that. At the time, they had an excellent reputation for accuracy (for the time). J.

Thanks for the info, I've had a heck of a time trying to find any info on them. I went on put that 300 win mag on layaway. cant wait to get it in a few months.
    LIVE TO HUNT....HUNT TO LIVE!!!!

Yup, good reputation back in the day, long out of business I assume since haven't heard hide nor hair about them in many a year. As best as I can recall I think they were somewhat renown for gain twist barrels. Good luck.

Default Apex Rifle Co.

Sam May Created his Company Apex Rifle in California, later moving it to Flagstaff Arizona. Just before he passed away he sold the Company to Steve Webb. Apex Rifle was a based on specs of the twist in the rifling. People from all over the world had their barrels custom made by Sam May and later by Steve Webb. I have lost contact with Steve, but last I heard he was still operating the company in Flagstaff as of last year 2010 under the name Apex Rifle. I am sure you can give him a call for the history on the weapons as he is a very knowledgable man

APEX Rifle Company is still in bussiness. It is owned by two men( Hayward Wilson and Steve Webb) that bought it from Sam and was taught the use of the machinery from Sam before his death. They still make the same quality barrels as before with choice of any twist rate you want including a gain twist. Rifles barreled there are extremly accuate once a load is worked up and can be made in any length and the rifleing is cut, not brouched. Steve can be reached at 928-853-0502 and Hayward at 928-699-8407. Both men know rifles and are glad to answer questions to get you in the rifle best suited for your needs.

Is there a web site we can look at?

MyTime

Quote Originally Posted by haywardw View Post
    APEX Rifle Company is still in bussiness. It is owned by two men( Hayward Wilson and Steve Webb) that bought it from Sam and was taught the use of the machinery from Sam before his death. They still make the same quality barrels as before with choice of any twist rate you want including a gain twist. Rifles barreled there are extremly accuate once a load is worked up and can be made in any length and the rifleing is cut, not brouched. Steve can be reached at 928-853-0502 and Hayward at 928-699-8407. Both men know rifles and are glad to answer questions to get you in the rifle best suited for your needs.