Thread: June creek hunting/fishing

Default June creek hunting/fishing

A couple years back I/we bought land north of Healy next to June creek.
    My prime goal was ownership, now I need to know from locals:
    I visited last May and saw LOTS of cows and the regs seem to show a non like me can harvest any bull. Is it reallistic to hunt the area? Is there a bunch of public land around? My search of this site(back through '06) seems to indicate HIGH hunter densities, is this actual?
    How about fishing? Is it realistic to to head down the river and catch silvers in the fall? Does anyone in the area want to trade info with a fella from Idaho with lots of Elk and Mulie info?
    Thanks in advance,
    Nick
    Last edited by the nikster; 03-10-2009 at 20:34. Reason: My wife would spank me for being selfish...

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by the nikster View Post
    A couple years back I/we bought land north of Healy next to June creek.
    My prime goal was ownership, now I need to know from locals:
    I visited last May and saw LOTS of cows and the regs seem to show a non like me can harvest any bull. Is it reallistic to hunt the area? Is there a bunch of public land around? My search of this site(back through '06) seems to indicate HIGH hunter densities, is this actual?
    How about fishing? Is it realistic to to head down the river and catch silvers in the fall? Does anyone in the area want to trade info with a fella from Idaho with lots of Elk and Mulie info?
    Thanks in advance,
    Nick
    yes there is hunting there and a some bulls wander through. i spent years catching small trout, graying and white fish out of June creek and used to have a homestead cabin on Bear creek..( next one up) plenty of spring bears if you don't mind hunting the brush. in fact my place is 9 miles north of there now.. and we do plenty f hunting there.

as for hunters. yeah its a zoo.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here