Thread: Is There Anything You Need?

Default Is There Anything You Need?

I remember when I was stationed at Elmendorf from 74-77. There were so many things that we lacked and wanted from the "Lower 48."

I'm sure that things have changed somewhat.

I am now living on the East Coast in Maryland. If there is anything that I can get for you, let me know.

Jmurman
    Jerry

If it were me in Alaska, and sadly it's not, I'd want some Old Bay. For both the crabs and shrimp. But we may think differently than the Alaskans regarding spices.

Talking How well I remember...

I was stationed in Elmendorf in 72...21st CES.The thing I really needed was another night listening to the "Rick Edwards" band at the NCO club.I remember my first trip to the trophy room,my friends said they were going to show me some nice racks, and I thought we were going to a taxidermist shop.....that they did.GR

old bay is easy to come by... we do have safeway's and fred meyers...even costco's up here...
    of course fresh fruit and avo's that dont cost nearly $3 would be cool...
    Alaska Board of Game 2015 tour... "Kicking the can down the road"
    http://www.alaskabackcountryhunters.org/

I would want FRESH orange juice like I used to get in Florida. For double the normal price you can buy tropicana or minute maid in my area... but nothing that tastes like the good stuff.
    Alaska Fishing Forums : They are my addiction!

Quote Originally Posted by HainesAKFisherman View Post
    I would want FRESH orange juice like I used to get in Florida. For double the normal price you can buy tropicana or minute maid in my area... but nothing that tastes like the good stuff.
    Brother you and me both. When I worked at a dealership in the city, we had a CSX freight train line that ran behind our store. 2-3 times a week there would be a train and I'm not exaggerating, this would be at least 75-100 cars long and all Tropicana orange juice reefer cars.

There is nothing like FRESH squeezed orange juice like we would get in Florida.

Blue/soft shell crabs and scrapple.
    The only thing worse than a Subaru is the as*hole who drives it.

Quote Originally Posted by homerdave View Post
    old bay is easy to come by... we do have safeway's and fred meyers...even costco's up here...
    of course fresh fruit and avo's that dont cost nearly $3 would be cool...
    Thought Old Bay was more of a regional thing. Glad to see it's not. Have seen, and been in the whse. where it is blended, in the Baltimore region.

Knowing it is available will make my relocating all the easier.

Thanks for making me realise that alaskans really are civilized!!

And even COSTCOS? Well spank me and call me Shirley!!