Thread: Need to find supplies

Default Need to find supplies

I'm trying to find a Buddy Tow and a Snobunji towing kit. Does anyone know where I can find these in Anchorage?

Check all the local dealers in town, one of them should have what your looking for. My friend has a Snowbunje but i'm not sure where he got it, maybe AKM&DS, he seems to buy a lot of stuff from them.

Try alaska snowmobile salvage. I have seen the bunjee there.

I was able to find the Buddy Tow at AMDS. Still can't find the Snobunji tow kit. AMDS had a tow rope that will suit me though.

Thanks for the help guys!

Richard

Save yourself a ton of money and go to AIH and get a 20 foot length of rope and 3 carabiners. Tie 2 caribiners to each end of the rope run the rope through the ski loop and around the spindle and lock it back on itself with the carabiner.

Put the 3rd carabiner in the middle and leave it loose so the rope can slide and keep the tension equal on each side. With this setup you can tow and also have a rope and carabiners that can be used for multiple uses besides only towing.

With the SnowBunje tow kit you can pull the dead sled as fast as you want with no rider on it. The tow sled pilot will forget the dead sled is there. It works great. I never saw one until I went to West Yellowstone. I was sold right there and then. The package is tiny, the straps are simple, and the whole thing is inexpensive.

I got mine on-line. In town I'd check Go Pro.

Default tow rope

The tow rope at AMDS was $16.95 for a rope with a 2800# capacity. It is has a 3 point connection and maintains equal tension on each spindle.

This seems like a fair deal to me. Caribiners are nice to have, but 3 of those that are worth a darn are more than $17 alone.

Also, I don't like towing throgh the ski loops since that can pull the ski tips in.

Quote Originally Posted by psc210 View Post
    Save yourself a ton of money and go to AIH and get a 20 foot length of rope and 3 carabiners. Tie 2 caribiners to each end of the rope run the rope through the ski loop and around the spindle and lock it back on itself with the carabiner.

Put the 3rd carabiner in the middle and leave it loose so the rope can slide and keep the tension equal on each side. With this setup you can tow and also have a rope and carabiners that can be used for multiple uses besides only towing.