Thread: removal trigger assembly

Default removal trigger assembly

I have a savage model 110 that i have been reworking into a 338-06. Now im at the stage of trigger work.. Does anyone have any suggestions how to take it off the reciever without springs going all over the place. Also looks like there are adjustment screws on the trigger assembly itself... Would this be for pull adjustments. Any knowledge out there

Quote Originally Posted by pioneerpeak View Post
    I have a savage model 110 that i have been reworking into a 338-06. Now im at the stage of trigger work.. Does anyone have any suggestions how to take it off the reciever without springs going all over the place. Also looks like there are adjustment screws on the trigger assembly itself... Would this be for pull adjustments. Any knowledge out there
    I wouldn't think there would be no need to remove the trigger form the action to adjust the trigger. If it has an adjustable trigger, be it pull weight, engagement or overtravel with screw adjustments, leave it attached and get a small screw driver and go for it. I'm not all that familiar with a Savage trigger but if it has screw adjustments, this should work.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

If it is a Savage before they made the Accua Trigger they can be taken apart and be made into a reasonably good trigger.
    Suggest you pick up a copy of "Bolt Action Rifles" by dehass as he gives detailed breakdown instruction on most modern bolt actions.
    I do remember the safety was intergrated with the trigger meaning if you changed it to much the safety would not work, and possibly vice versa. Owned a couple of these in the past and was happy with how the trigger turned out but do remember it took some time to get them correct.
    Tennessee

SwampView AK, Overlooking Mt. Mckinley and Points Beyond.

I've not heard of any special problems with that trigger, so like Murphy says,
    "Go for it".

For instructions try the Link below.

http://www.varminthunters.com/tech/s...10trigger.html

Smitty of the North
    Walk Slow, and Drink a Lotta Water.
    Has it ever occurred to you, that Nothing ever occurs to God? Adrien Rodgers.
    You can't out-give God.

ya its an ollllder model with the safety tab attatched to the trigger, which is why im asking before fooling with it.... i dont want to bend anything,,, it seems the safety needs to be removed as part of the process.

Ive left it on the reciever, but in the process of barrel removal i had to be extremely careful not to damage the trigger ass. and i wished i knew how to take it off so as of next time i have a clean reciever without trigger hanging out to be possibley damaged. So now with a little clean up and oil and some minor polishing i should be ready to go.... i know the timney trigger and other are out there for the savages and mabey in the future may get one....