Thread: Clothing

Default Clothing

Well my Cabela's order finally made it here. Thought I would share what I got and see what you all think. I got one of each of these...

They all have the wind shear material in them. I also got a fleece cap, neck gaiter, gloves and a few pair of wool socks. All of it cost me about $270.00 with shipping. I know that wool would be the better choice but just a bit too expensive for me right now. This should last me the two seasons I plan to hunt here, then I can use them back in Indiana.
    Former A.F Staff Sergeant

Default nice start

Add some base layers and a couple shells for rain management and your up and running.

Smile Clothing

What kind of hunting do you plan on doing here? Extended mountain backpack hunting (sheep, goat, sometimes bear) will require different clothing. You also might find the windshear layer not breathing well enough if to much exertion is involved. It is good for layering on when you are sitting and glassing in the wind. How about boots?

Quote Originally Posted by 454casull View Post
    What kind of hunting do you plan on doing here? Extended mountain backpack hunting (sheep, goat, sometimes bear) will require different clothing. You also might find the windshear layer not breathing well enough if to much exertion is involved. It is good for layering on when you are sitting and glassing in the wind. How about boots?
    Mainly moose and possible black bear, not much for all the mountain hunting. Boots I have a pair of Danner 800 gram thinsulate.
    Former A.F Staff Sergeant

For hunting from wheelers and sitting over bear bait you should be pretty well set up. That setup will be a bit warm for hiking. It will also be very good for october bird hunting and rabbits perhaps into Nov. I don't think that wool is "better" it has it's place, for me that place tends to be at home in the closet with the exception of my merino base layer.