Thread: Spring Bear hunt info-interior AK

Default Spring Bear hunt info-interior AK

I've never spent much time hunting bears, but before I leave here I would like to tag a black bear. I don't have an ATV right now so I think that may preclude me from setting up a decent bait station. So how else can I pursue blackies in or around interior AK? Is it feasible to spot and stalk them or perhaps develop a "mobile" baiting method; something that could perhaps be carried in a pack (sterno, a pot and molasses, honey etc)? Could I walk/stalk/still hunt any of the river valleys? Any information would be appreciated. Thanks all.

cooper landing, lots of great hiking trails, upper russian/cooper lakes. resurection creek trail, fuller lakes, skyline trail all would have some great areas for spring black bear from the highway, no need for bait, maybe a tent and some binos...3rd or 4th week of may. i'd lean towards upper russian/cooper.
    johnson trail is another.
    Www.blackriverhunting.com
    Master guide 212

Default bears

i am going for a griz early april, at the upper russian lake trail. and if i stroll across a blckie i will nail him as well

Default spring bear

Try along steese highway Go just past eagle summit mining roads to right and left drive up ro a ridge get out and hike along the tops looking down into the drainages. early a.m. and late p.m. If you come to a mining camp ask permission to drive through the may even point out good areas for you to look. Brian

Default Thanks!

You all have some great ideas. Thanks! This also confirms to me some of my previous ideas. Again, thanks all.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

shot you a pm...
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

would the trail up to crescent lake be any good for hunting from? My two biggest goals this year are to catch a grayling and to shoot a bear. if the area up around crescent lake is good for hunting that might make it easy to do both.