Thread: a little help!!!

Exclamation a little help!!!

To all the military guys,tonight i went into walmart to buy a new Marlin 1895 .45-70 and the sales person told me that i needed orders stating that i was allowed to buy a rifle!Can any one give me any info on this,sounds like a load of horse crap to me but who knows!Any help would be greatly appriciated!

Its a load. IF you live on base, either in houosing or the dorms then the weapon must be registered on base, its been that way for years, Elmendorf just recently caught up. However, permission hasn't been required in a loooong time, and that was only for E-1 to 3. Even if the fort or base commander wanted it, he/she has no enforcement power downtown.

Smile

Thanx Bill,so should i just ask for a manager?This is the first firearm that i am going to buy, is there any certain things i may need to purchase my rifle?

Default Do you have an Alaska Drivers License?

Can you buy a long gun if you aren't a state resident? I don't recall offhand.
    And if no AKDL - why not???
    Mike
    (21 year Air Force vet s don't start)
    Last edited by Mike Echo; 10-12-2006 at 21:40. Reason: lost concept
    Mike
    www.alaskaatvclub.org
    There is a faster way off the mountain, might hurt a little though.

Thumbs down yep

You can but it depends on what state your from,in walmart,inside the gun cases, theres a chart that lists the states that qualify.

Default Guns from Walmart

You need to double check that you can buy a gun from them with their chart by the gun counter. If you can, bring a drivers/mil. ID and a copy of your orders. Never had any problems getting firearms up here.

Default Proof

They would be asking for proof that you can legally purchase a firearm in the state of Alaska not orders from the military to buy the gun. If you come from a "red" state (per the map at the counter) you will need a copy of your orders bringing you to Alaska to be able to buy the gun. If you come from a "green" state you can either show them your orders or proof of time in the state usually being a drivers license. Eric

Talking thanx

thanx to all of you for the help!!!

Default station

When I was in your permanent station/base etc was your home of record. I bought many guns, including handguns when I was in the Military. No orders or anything was required. Your address went on the "yellow" form and your I.D. was good enough. I never had a D.L in the state I was stationed in as my original home of record D.L. was good enough way back then.
    Things may have changed since the early 80's though. Sounds more like a Wal-Mart policy to me and not based on any federal law. Could be wrong on that but I am pretty sure you will be able to buy......

ciao....

Talking I got it!!

Well i finally got my rifle!! Went to Walmart this evnin, and they never asked for orders from my commander! I love this rifle,cant wait to get it to the range!!!

Walmart does have some strange rules for firearms. You can pass the background check, and BATF will accept an expired DL, but Walmart needs a current one. Found this out recently and thought it was strange. Also Walmart requires the state name be spelled out, but BATF will accept the abreivation.

They were asking for your PCs orders, ive had to give them to Sportsmans warehouse and wal-mart in tucson. The reason, is i did not have a Arizona drivers liscense. They do the same thing on base at the BX if you dont have an alaskan DL.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by kingofbattle1985 View Post
    To all the military guys,tonight i went into walmart to buy a new Marlin 1895 .45-70 and the sales person told me that i needed orders stating that i was allowed to buy a rifle!Can any one give me any info on this,sounds like a load of horse crap to me but who knows!Any help would be greatly appriciated!
    if you get that 45-70 you have got to get (buffalo bore bullets)