Thread: My Newest Ties

Talking My Newest Ties

I'm a newbie to tying so don't laugh. Any comments are welcome. These are a hareball leech (sorry kind blurry), and an articulated leech. Both will entice Kings, Cohos and Chums. I'll post a few more of my new ties soon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Hareball Leech.jpg   Articulated Leech.jpg  

For that articulated one throw is a bunch of silver flashabou and swing it in front of some kings, you won't be dissapointed.
    I choose to fly fish, not because its easy, but because its hard.

Nice ties FishnMan! That looks like some king medicine for sure.

I'll make one suggestion on the articulated fly - if you leave a little more of the string exposed as a loop behind the rabbit fur, you'll be able to change hooks. That way if your hook gets dull or you want to change hook sizes for kings or steelies or char or whatever, you can just unloop the hook and put a new one on.
    Pursue happiness with diligence.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Wyo2AK View Post
    Nice ties FishnMan! That looks like some king medicine for sure.

I'll make one suggestion on the articulated fly - if you leave a little more of the string exposed as a loop behind the rabbit fur, you'll be able to change hooks. That way if your hook gets dull or you want to change hook sizes for kings or steelies or char or whatever, you can just unloop the hook and put a new one on.
    Roger that. I have done several variations, some with a longer "exposed" loop to accomodate hook changes. Thanks for the feedback Wyo2AK

looks good, another thing i do is thread a few beads on before the hook. i pick up alot more rainbows and dollies while fishing for salmon. it seems to work on just about any color leech. i've caught rainbows on purple, black and brown leeches with the beads. i think they get so keyed in that they see the bead and just don't care. just my two cents.