View Poll Results: Which digital SLR camera you use?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Canon Rabel XT

3 15.00%
  • Canon XTi

3 15.00%
  • Canon XS

0 0%
  • Canon XSi

4 20.00%
  • Canon 40D

4 20.00%
  • Nikon 40D

2 10.00%
  • Nikon 60D

0 0%
  • Nikon 80D

2 10.00%
  • Nikon 90D

1 5.00%
  • Nikon D200

1 5.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Digital camera poll. Which one do you use?

Default Digital camera poll. Which one do you use?

Lets make this a civil thread, without slamming any brand of camera. If you wish, tell us what camera you use, where you take pictures at (environment such as lake, from boat, canoe, hunting, etc), and what you like about your camera and lenses. If you use one not mentioned in the poll, just tell us about it.

Canon 30D camera with Canon lenses ...

100-400mm Zoom
    100mm Macro
    28-135mm Zoom
    10-22mm Zoom

LensBaby 2.0

I prefer the outdoors when taking pictures. Usually wildlife and scenic. People bore me. Though one day I would really like to photograph Alaska's Native People and produce a book with these portraits.

My camera is with me about 90% of the time where ever the road or trail leads ...

Hunting, fishing, road trips, casual road trips, vacation, hiking, backpacking and snowshoeing. From boat, canoe, pontoon, pickup or on foot and I won't allow Poor weather to discourage me from getting out and taking pictures. My gear has been drenched on more than one occasion and has never failed me.

Like I said, I never leave home without my gear.

http://www.pbase.com/tull777

http://www.eddiefisherphoto.com/

"If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

you need an "other" selection.

I have a Nikon D100.
    Josh
    Back in Afghanistan, I hope for the last time.

Default like this tull???

"Though one day I would really like to photograph Alaska's Native People and produce a book with these portraits."

Kinda like this tull???

Default D3

Nikon D3

Quote Originally Posted by gogoalie View Post
    "Though one day I would really like to photograph Alaska's Native People and produce a book with these portraits."

Kinda like this tull???

Cooll photo.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaymac View Post
    Nikon D3
    That is just fabulous to look at!

What lens is that? The Exif data says a 300mm f/4.0, but doesn't have any of the LensID data (probably stripped by Photoshop).

Did you shoot that as a JPEG or RAW?

What is cool are the flare reflections of the diaphram, and I can count something like 13 of them! Four (with the rings towards the outer edge) have spherical aberrations and one shows a lot of chromatic aberration (it varies how much each is corrected at different points between lens elements, so the reflections can be different like that). The differences make it interesting to look at and because you shot with the lens almost wide open the reflections are circular instead of showing how many blades there are in the diaphram.

The D3 is just really fun camera, eh?

Quote Originally Posted by tull777 View Post
    Canon 30D camera with Canon lenses ...

100-400mm Zoom
    100mm Macro
    28-135mm Zoom
    10-22mm Zoom

LensBaby 2.0

I prefer the outdoors when taking pictures. Usually wildlife and scenic. People bore me. Though one day I would really like to photograph Alaska's Native People and produce a book with these portraits.

My camera is with me about 90% of the time where ever the road or trail leads ...

Hunting, fishing, road trips, casual road trips, vacation, hiking, backpacking and snowshoeing. From boat, canoe, pontoon, pickup or on foot and I won't allow Poor weather to discourage me from getting out and taking pictures. My gear has been drenched on more than one occasion and has never failed me.

Like I said, I never leave home without my gear.
    That's pretty much how I use my 40D. Last weekend while taking pictures of some dog sled races, I left my 100mm macro lens (same kind you have), on the passenger's seat for about ten minutes. My dog, which was on the back seat, leaned over the passenger seat's head rest, and drooled all over the lens. When I came back to the truck, the lens was covered with what I thought was water. I asked myself, "where the hell is all that water coming from," and then I realized that it was my dog's. I wiped the lens with a rag, and it was fine.

I get snow flakes melting all over my camera and lens, and sometimes rain mixed with snow while moose hunting. So far so good. I have gotten splashes on it from my wife's canoe paddles while canoeing, too. Chitina is one of the worst places to remove and replace lenses because of all the dust, or because of the mist from the rain, but I still use my camera over there. I did the same with the XT for about four seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by akula682 View Post
    you need an "other" selection.

I have a Nikon D100.
    Only had room for 10 cameras on the poll.

Floyd,

Thanks for the nice comment!

Filter - render - lens flare in photoshop. The shot was so boring that it needed something.

I shoot 100% raw but this file was a jpeg in the camera, rare for me but I was goofing around when the camera was new. The lens is an f4 300 nikon lens.

The D3 at 3200 is better than my old EOS 1DsMKII at 400.

Quote Originally Posted by gogoalie View Post

Kinda like this tull???

Oh Man! Nice job on that one and yes, would be a good start.

Quote Originally Posted by RayfromAK View Post
    That's pretty much how I use my 40D. Last weekend while taking pictures of some dog sled races, I left my 100mm macro lens (same kind you have), on the passenger's seat for about ten minutes. My dog, which was on the back seat, leaned over the passenger seat's head rest, and drooled all over the lens. When I came back to the truck, the lens was covered with what I thought was water. I asked myself, "where the hell is all that water coming from," and then I realized that it was my dog's. I wiped the lens with a rag, and it was fine.

I get snow flakes melting all over my camera and lens, and sometimes rain mixed with snow while moose hunting. So far so good. I have gotten splashes on it from my wife's canoe paddles while canoeing, too. Chitina is one of the worst places to remove and replace lenses because of all the dust, or because of the mist from the rain, but I still use my camera over there. I did the same with the XT for about four seasons.
    The dog is a Canon fan ...all that drool proves it!

Nikon D3

Really nice! Gotta love Photoshop!

"If you're too open-minded, your brains will fall out. ....."Tight Lines & Best Fishes"

The D3 at 3200 is better than my old EOS 1DsMKII at 400.

Oh Man, love those eyes!

Default one thing I noticed...

when I was shooting this dance...was that sharp color photos just weren't doing the festival any justice...I opened up the shutter on the sport dial & took some fast photos, & noticed that in color, blur was ok, but then I turned my dial to M & opened up the shutter even longer, & then I added BW & then that wasn't even good enough...I then put it to Sepia tone & VIOLA! I couldn't believe what I had gotten...I need to make a photo montage of all the drumming & dancing I have & play it to video & Eskimo music...

Thanks for the applause, but you could send me money... (actually I need to get all my photos & start trying to sell them!)

Default Tesoro

This is a D3 shot at ISO 6400.

This is a D3 shot at ISO 6400.

Very nice photo. I do see a lot of digital noise above the canopy (unless it's some sort of PhotoShop effect).

Default OMG Noise!

It noise. ISO6400

Default Less noise ISO 3200

Less noise at 3200

It noise. ISO6400
    Try the noise reduction in PhotoShop. It will amaze you.

Less noise at 3200

This one is a real nice photo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast