Thread: Camofire.com

Default Camofire.com

has anyone ever ordered from them and called to ask if they would ship USPS Priority instead of UPS?

Was going to order a couple of knives and shipping was $22 for UPS. Seems that unless you're ordering something that is worth a couple hundred bucks and saving $100 or so, buying from them might not be worth it? Steep&Cheap ships USPS Priority.

I was going to order some stuff too, but all the savings is lost because of their shipping cost.... what a joke.

Jason

I ordered a couple Sitka 90% jackets a day apart from each other. I did not inquire about USPS but they did put the two orders together and refunded me the 15 bucks I had paid for the shipping of each before I could try to contact them. Did it on their own, which I really appreciated.

I do agree that a cheaper shipping method would be much more conducive to my purchasing cheaper items.

By the way...not sure who on here pointed out the Badlands pack on camofire, but my wife has cursed you...hehe..I am addicted to the site now. There and steepandcheap.com. She was cursing until she found a Marmot jacket she just had to have. Anyway, thanks for turning me on to it. I am hooked.

i emailed with them, and you can call them and order it on the phone if you want USPS. not sure what you do when they are closed? maybe order it and call first thing when they open? the guy seemed happy enough to send it USPS. they are working on their site to add USPS shipping, like steep and cheap. so don't give up on them yet.

Thumbs up Thanks...

for taking the time to find out and let us know. This will definitely save some money in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by MyKC395 View Post

There and steepandcheap.com. She was cursing until she found a Marmot jacket she just had to have. Anyway, thanks for turning me on to it. I am hooked.
    dont forget:

www.tramdock.com
    www.whiskeymilita.com
    www.chainlove.com

tell your wife your welcome

Cool Thanks

more money I don't have...lol...Really, thanks for these sights. There are some really good deals on them.

Quote Originally Posted by hre814 View Post
    i emailed with them, and you can call them and order it on the phone if you want USPS. not sure what you do when they are closed? maybe order it and call first thing when they open? the guy seemed happy enough to send it USPS. they are working on their site to add USPS shipping, like steep and cheap. so don't give up on them yet.
    I ordered two Sitka Traverse shirts from a recent sale and called them and requested USPS. I didn't receive a call back but I received my shipment via USPS which was $9.35 vs the $27.00 that the website showed. However, they charged me the 27 dollars for shipping... Not cool.

I called them today to ask about this and haven't received a call back. The high shipping price eats the savings of their items... especially if they are making an extra 18 dollars on a shipment....

I will post an update if I hear back from them.

Jason B

from the email reply i got about shipping some time ago, i think you won't have any issues getting that money back. it is a shame though that you have to go through the leg work to get your money back.

I did receive a call back from Mark this afternoon. He said they were processing a credit but that it would take some time for it to show up. He did say that they were in the process of getting USPS shipping but their were a lot of issues like tracking the gear shipped. I don't buy that because Steep and Cheap and their sister sites ship more gear than CamoFire and they offer USPS. He did say that Backcountry.com (which owns Steep and Cheap and the sister sites) owns 10% of their company so that should help eventually. Anyway I can ship anything flat rate from Alaska for 4 to 10 dollars... so 27 dollars for 2 sitka gear shirts seems expensive to me no matter how you calculate it. I sold a MSR Dragontail tent and shipping was 15 bucks with Fedex.

Jason B