Thread: Looking for a couple of lab pups

Default Looking for a couple of lab pups

Our family is looking for a good deal on a couple of purebred labs from seperate families. We would like a chocolate and a white/yellow.

We eventually want to breed them and have a litter of pups. We do not care if they are papered but do want pure lab. No mixes.

Please let me know what you've got coming available.

Thank you.

Ahhh...so you are looking to produce black lab puppies!
    Good luck with that!
    "It's the journey that's important, with experience and knowledge to be gained along the way, in the company of our faithful dogs and our good friends."
    Ralph Waldo Emerson

Why??? There are already too many pups just like that. They end up in animals shelters, dumped at the side of a road/dumpster sites, and put to sleep.

Karen

Kink Alaska surrounded by sled dog kennels, a fabulous view and lots of hunting.

Default Purebred means nothing

AKC papers may provide some security that the dogs are purebred but since the AKC does not see the actual breedings going back generations you cannot be 100% that you are getting a purebred dog.

Your best course of action would be to go to a hunt test or field trial, join a retriever club, meet Lab owners who are active with their dogs and learn about the breed. You'll hopefully find out why breeding unregistered retrievers is such a bad idea.

www.alaskadognews.com

Sounds to me like your looking to make money and not better the breed.
    "A dog has no use for fancy cars or big homes or designer clothes. Status symbol means nothing to him. A waterlogged stick will do just fine." Marley and Me

A good deal is a papered and pedigreed lab that has good solid references from reputable people that know labs. I'd want to see both parents and see them work if possible. If you are just wanting pets then anything will work but if you want to breed do it right because there are already enough back yard breeders that all claim purebred statis. It means nothing!

Quote Originally Posted by jdub View Post
    Our family is looking for a good deal on a couple of purebred labs from seperate families. We would like a chocolate and a white/yellow.

We eventually want to breed them and have a litter of pups. We do not care if they are papered but do want pure lab. No mixes.

Please let me know what you've got coming available.

Thank you.

Hmmm... I think it was 60 minutes, or maybe 20/20 that ran a special on puppy mills, I can't remember which one, though.