Thread: Smith & Wesson Model 17 with 8 3/8" Barrel

Default Smith & Wesson Model 17 with 8 3/8" Barrel

About a month ago a .22LR S&W model 17 with an 8 3/8" barrel sold on the forum. Does anyone remember how much the asking price was. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopeak View Post
    About a month ago a .22LR S&W model 17 with an 8 3/8" barrel sold on the forum. Does anyone remember how much the asking price was. Thank you.
    No I didn't see what that one sold for but they are typically $600 to $800 on some of the gun sales sites. The older S&W's without the lock are selling well. I'm not sure what era that one was but some are quite valuable.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Wink

I remember the gun but not the price, and I think it was more like 2 months back. It must have been over $500 as I remember thinking good gun but more than I want to pay for a 22.
    Here is a Sunday bump for you, maybe someone will remember.

Andy

I have a 6 1/2" M17-6 with a full lug under the barrel. This gun is in my hands to do an action job, clean and lube the lockwork and I think it's owner would consider selling it. If you're interested I could ask him.
    Is there nothing so sacred on this earth that you aren't willing to kill or die for?

Quote Originally Posted by Murphy View Post
    I have a 6 1/2" M17-6 with a full lug under the barrel. This gun is in my hands to do an action job, clean and lube the lockwork and I think it's owner would consider selling it. If you're interested I could ask him.

Yes sir, I would be interested.....thank you.