Thread: kisser button

Default kisser button

i was planning on putting a kisser button on my new martin but accroding to del down at sportsmans " they are made for stick bows" theres no harm in putting one on my compound right ?

Default advice

I don't have an answer for your button question, but I would go to a real archery shop and ask, not the guy who is working the archery counter at Sportsmans that day. I am sure the there are some guys at sportsmans that know what they are talking about, but they are far outnumbered by those who have no clue what they are talking about. I don't think you can find a better source of info than your local bow shop.

Jake
    All the romance of trout fishing exists in the mind of the angler and is in no way shared by the fish.

Quote Originally Posted by jakec5253 View Post
    I don't have an answer for your button question, but I would go to a real archery shop and ask, not the guy who is working the archery counter at Sportsmans that day. I am sure the there are some guys at sportsmans that know what they are talking about, but they are far outnumbered by those who have no clue what they are talking about. I don't think you can find a better source of info than your local bow shop.

Jake
    +1

I have gone in there a few times to ask about bows and they all gave me the moose in the headlight look, that is the times i could actually get someone to help me. That place is only good for trying on clothes so you know what size to order from cabelas, maybe ocasionally buying some vanes if i cant make it out to eagle river.

I have used one for several years on my Mathews compound, it just keeps you going to the same anchor point each time you draw your bow.
    Paul

You can use it. What I have done instead of a kisser button is use serving and tied it to hear I put my nose on the string.
    I have friends the use a knock point as a kisser button.
    Living the Alaskan Dream
    Gary Keller
    Anchorage, AK

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Quote Originally Posted by jakec5253 View Post

Jake

Dell ran his own archery shop for many years on college road. and went out of business after the two shops with indoor ranges opens.. FBK/NoPo.... NO PO now closed as well.

Dell also rebuilt my 20yr old,Darton and has done a great job in the community for years.

"If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Dell ran his own archery shop for many years on college road. and went out of business after the two shops with indoor ranges opens.. FBK/NoPo.... NO PO now closed as well.

Dell also rebuilt my 20yr old,Darton and has done a great job in the community for years.

I said that there were people who worked at sportsmans that knew what they were talking about, but most did not.
    All the romance of trout fishing exists in the mind of the angler and is in no way shared by the fish.

thanks for the ideas guys i wasnt trying to say the guy didnt know wat he was talking about but i didnt think there was a problem with it

Back to the original question it is fine if you put a kisser button on your bow. My wife has one on her bow. If you are a speed freak just remember the more "stuff" that is on your string, your performance will suffer i.e. nock points, silencers. I once read that for everything you put on your bow string you loose approx. 3fps.

p.s. Sportsmans isn't great but it beats anything else around. Fairbanks is in desperate need of a good bow shop.