Thread: Bought my first collectible!

Default Bought my first collectible!

Too bad I'll be beating it around the Alaskan brush, scratching off it's collector status. I am a fairly recent black powder enthusiast. I was thinking that BP might be a good history lesson for my home-schooled kids, and there are occasionally hunts open for BP only right?

Okay, okay. I just wanted more guns.

I started with a model 1854 New Army model .44 revolver from Cabelas, then a Traditions .50 tracker, and I stumbled upon this:

It is my first, and probably my last limited production firearm. Not last because of lack of satisfaction, but last because I seriously doubt I will ever again find 1 of 250 for that price.

It's a 54 caliber muzzle loader built on a Knight platform, and It shoots VERY well. I can't describe the specs any better than GM, so here's the link: I am now and forever a muzzle-loading convert.

http://www.gmriflebarrel.com/product...aspx?id=930110

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.

What model is it. My MK-85 Has the same color stock. I was told it is rose wood, don't know if that is correct. Good Luck

Sounds like a goodone! I like that short length on it. And its cool that its in .54

Flatlander checkout the link he posted. It will tell you all about the gun including what the stock is.

I ran some fairly loose powerbelts through the crony with it last week. At 350 grains bullet weight and 120 grains of Pyrodex It's at 1450 FPS. I think if I use a tighter sabot and bump up to around 140-150 grains I should get around 1800 or so. I plan to use it in a tree stand next year.

The other 299,300,000 people can have it.

Noone has a more intimate understanding of, or deeper appreciation for freedom, than a soldier who has fought for it in a country where it does not exist.