Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bear Baiting Seminar

Default Bear Baiting Seminar

My bear hunting partners and I will be hosting a bear baiting seminar (free) at the Fairbanks S.W. on April 11th at 1:00 p.m. The date and time is subject to change but for now that is it.

Topics will include, site and stand locations, shot placement, size judging, bait, game laws, trail cam use...etc. We will conclude with a skinning and hide prep demonstration as well. Will be demonstrating and show casing products from Bear Scents and other products sold at S.W. (no, we don't work there) There will be plenty of video and pictures via power point to keep things interesting.
    Just FYI for those new to bear baiting
    Attached Images Attached Images

those are a couple of really nice bears, hopefully I can put my mark on one this spring!
    Paul

April 11th is a busy client day for me, but I'd be willing to push clients around so that I could make this happen.
    I'd also be willing to make Daniel in AK and possibly AlaskanGrl to come with me as well.
    Do you think that you can PM all 3 of us when this is for sure happening so that we can plan it in our schedules?
    Thanks!
    COtoAK
    Lurker.

Quote Originally Posted by COtoAK View Post
    I'd also be willing to make Daniel in AK and possibly AlaskanGrl to come with me as well.
    COtoAK
    Is this a date? Gonna have to clear that thru the wife lol! Seriously I was just reading this post and was concidering going myself. id like to take the oldest boy.Havent checked out my schedule yet tho.

Default For sure

I'm definately going to attend this. This is my first year planning a bait station. Maybe I can convince a cohort in crime to attend also. Thanks for the info!

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel in Ak View Post
    Is this a date? Gonna have to clear that thru the wife lol! Seriously I was just reading this post and was concidering going myself. id like to take the oldest boy.Havent checked out my schedule yet tho.

HAHAHAHAH! This is NOT a date for the record. My husband wouldn't approve and I'd expect the same for your wife, too!

It was a suggestion. There is the difference.

On your serious note, I knew that you'd consider it, but I wasn't sure how often you check the boards because you are MIA for weeks at a time, so I posted on there that I'd tell you and invite you if you haven't seen it already. I'm not going to this alone. I'll make you do this with me so that I have someone to play tic tac toe and take notes with. I also invited someone else, you know, but you can't see that because I invited her on Facebook.

Does this mean that you are going? Are we going to carpool??? (chuckles)
    Lurker.

Thanks for the response folks. I wish I could mail out some kitchen passes for those who want to attend.

For those just getting started in baiting, I'm sure you will come away with some good information.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Ak145... does this in any way have anything to do with the required adfg classes... I would like to get that out so follks are not confused...

Thanks
    Vince
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    Ak145... does this in any way have anything to do with the required adfg classes... I would like to get that out so follks are not confused...

Thanks
    Vince
    Why? Did you want to carpool with us, Vince? Daniel in AK is driving.
    Lurker.

Fairbanks most the time, Ancorage some of the time,& on the road Kicking Anti's all the time

Why? Did you want to carpool with us, Vince? Daniel in AK is driving.

LOL no..i will be getting ready for my own baiting... i have enough time at it already...though it may be good to see some one elses set up..

just want to know if it is in conjuction with the required ADFG classes if your baiting in an area that requires it or not, if it is not... want to make sure that folks dont accidently think they did one.
    "If you are on a continuous search to be offended, you will always find what you are looking for; even when it isn't there."

meet on face book here

Good question...and No, it is not. I'm sorry...I wish it was. We are doing this totally 100% for the general public for information purposes, to pass on good information from our operation. The information and subjects presented will be great for first timers for sure, and I'm sure everyone will take away at least some good ideas. We've been doing this a long time and I think we can offer some good stuff.

I have been told though that fish and game may start offering the bait class on line...something to think about.

I think the Wild Outdoors with Jay Gregory episode they will filmed with us last year is replaying maybe tonight on the Outdoor Channel...could be wrong but someone told me that. Jay shoots a monster on the show and his kids takes an average bear as well.

Does this mean that you are going? Are we going to carpool??? (chuckles)
    You know I just have to give you a hard time is all.But I dont know If I can carpool........we can truck pool would that work?

You know I just have to give you a hard time is all.But I dont know If I can carpool........we can truck pool would that work?
    Yeah yeah.... I know. I am just paying it back.
    Truck pool?
    I think that I should be okay. I might have to race home to make lessons anyway depending on the time and I wouldn't want to race you or Vince out of there. I might go in, take my notes, listen to a few questions, and leave right away.
    Lurker.

Yeah yeah.... I know. I am just paying it back.
    Truck pool?
    I think that I should be okay. I might have to race home to make lessons anyway depending on the time and I wouldn't want to race you or Vince out of there. I might go in, take my notes, listen to a few questions, and leave right away.

you sure you wanna truck pool with COtoAK?

meet on face book here

Quote Originally Posted by Vince View Post
    you sure you wanna truck pool with COtoAK?

HAHAHHAHAhahahaha. It might go into a ditch and we might have to contact Vince to tow us out with my Land Rover.

Serious, though. If I could truck pool, I would, but I can't because I have to work before and after this seminar.
    Lurker.

Can't wait to see you there. Maybe I will finally get that blackie I've been after before the USAF moves me out of the state in the fall. Looking forward to learning a thing or two from any and all.

Fuse

Default Truck pool Entourage......

I see a few folks here in North Pole showing interest.I was wondering If anyone is going to be at home till its time to leave? As maybe we can all meet someplace and get a convoy going.

Think Im gonna chill right here till its time to leave and then hit Nordale If anyone is interested or heading thataway?

I see a few folks here in North Pole showing interest.I was wondering If anyone is going to be at home till its time to leave? As maybe we can all meet someplace and get a convoy going.

Think Im gonna chill right here till its time to leave and then hit Nordale If anyone is interested or heading thataway?
    We will discuss this topic more later.
    Lurker.

I will be there. This year I plan on devoting a little more time that usual to getting a black bear and since it will be my first, I could use all the knowledge I can get.

Tonyjoe

This is good. I am glad to see some interest in it and glad to not be the only one attending, too. Sometimes Fairbanks is a hard sell to have people come to thinks like this. This looks as if there is a good enough amount of interest. AK145, maybe you should consider doing this on an annual basis?
    Lurker.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast