Thread: Skandic SUV Altitude Adjustment

Default Skandic SUV Altitude Adjustment

howdy, I'm running a 2009 Skandic SUV 550F here in Yellowknife, I'm told, and it makes sense, that the machine is adjusted to operate at sea level. i'm off to the mountians next month and will be sledding in the 7-8000 foot range. can anyone offer any advice of what adjustments have to be made to my sled? i.e. carb and/or clutching? thanks.

I highly recommend a Tempa-Flow or ATACC system. Allows flawless, automatic carb adjustment up to 8000ft and -20 degrees F. I haven't tested them against elevation however I have tested them in very cold temps, ('02 700 rmk) -35 was the coldest and it it absolutely awesome results.

http://www.holtzmaneng.com/
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed

thats interesting...is just having the dealer re-jet for the trip less expensive? this trip is a once in a lifetime kinda thing. what about the clutch? its a TRA III, any special changes there?

If you install the ATACC of Tempa Flow, you wouldn't have to rejet.

Can't really domment on the clutch though I'm sure you'd be fine.
    We do not go to the green woods and crystal waters to rough it, we go to smooth it. We get it rough enough at home; in towns and cities; in shops, offices, stores, banks anywhere that we may be placed