Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone ship ammo up here?

Default Does anyone ship ammo up here?

I'm on Eielson, and can't find anyone that will ship up this way. Do they ship to Anchorage?

Cabela's ships. I get me ammo when they offer the free shipping and stock up for the year. Also it cheaper and it arrives within 5 days.

Quote Originally Posted by eagleriver24 View Post
    Cabela's ships. I get me ammo when they offer the free shipping and stock up for the year. Also it cheaper and it arrives within 5 days.
    How did you get Cabellas to ship live ammo? My buddy just went through this with them. UPS nor FedEx will not ship live ammo to Alaska.

J&Gsales in presscott AZ will.
    I have them rout it through NAC-LINC in Seattle, as a consolidator for all cargo only flights to Alaska....then on to where ever I am Via NAC.
    No problem, bulk prices, give 'em a call. They will ship to AK and they know how, and I think they are the easiest way to go.
    If you can't Kill it with a 30-06, you should Hide.

"Dam it all", The Beaver told me.....

CMP uses FEDEX to ship ammo to Alaska exclusively.
    I have places and received several CMP ammo orders.
    The key is that the shipper has to complete the red line form designating the shipment as ORM-D for Cartridges, small arm. Won't work for powder or primers.

I just got a shipment from Double Tap a few weeks ago here in Wasilla.

Pretty sure is was UPS.

Thanks for the help guys, so far none of these places except Cabelas stocks any 308 168gr. SMK ammo, either Remington or Federal. I couldn't even get Cabelas to ship me a reloading kit (with no powder or anything) much less ammo. Any more ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by allen-ak View Post
    CMP uses FEDEX to ship ammo to Alaska exclusively.
    I have places and received several CMP ammo orders.
    The key is that the shipper has to complete the red line form designating the shipment as ORM-D for Cartridges, small arm. Won't work for powder or primers.
    I placed an order with the CMP back in early January. Still waiting.........they say they are backed up 100 days due to the great OBAMA panic.

Default Check the PX/BX

Quote Originally Posted by SavageStag View Post
    Thanks for the help guys, so far none of these places except Cabelas stocks any 308 168gr. SMK ammo, either Remington or Federal. I couldn't even get Cabelas to ship me a reloading kit (with no powder or anything) much less ammo. Any more ideas?

Savage Stag: -- Hello. My son left your base this AM with wife and 2 of my grandsons. He has been there 3 years, and is on his way to Dyess AFB in Texas. He told me that the PX has ammo at Eielson and also the PX over at Ft. Wainwright. If they don't have the "flavor" you want then write it down on paper and submit it to the PX manager. AAFES usually will try and stock items that the customers want.

As to your question/statement about Cabella's not sending you a Reloading kit because you are in Alaska. Wrongo! I ordered the Lee Breech Lock Challenger Kit, a set of .38 Spl. Dies and the book titled "Modern Reloading" by Richard Lee. Placed the order online mid-November, and it came here to the P.O. on Nov. 21st. No Problem.

Quote Originally Posted by stevens20ga View Post
    As to your question/statement about Cabella's not sending you a Reloading kit because you are in Alaska. Wrongo! I ordered the Lee Breech Lock Challenger Kit, a set of .38 Spl. Dies and the book titled "Modern Reloading" by Richard Lee. Placed the order online mid-November, and it came here to the P.O. on Nov. 21st. No Problem.
    They did refuse to send his kit due to a can of spray lube, you were lucky, but he was not!

Andy

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by strangerinastrangeland View Post
    I have them rout it through NAC-LINC in Seattle, as a consolidator for all cargo only flights to Alaska....then on to where ever I am Via NAC.
    No problem, bulk prices, give 'em a call. They will ship to AK and they know how, and I think they are the easiest way to go.
    Love G&J sales! I am from Prescott and they are one of the few things I miss about Arizona.

Andy

Boondocks in Eagle river might have Remington
    Great Northern Guns might be able to get Federal w/175 SMK

if you need 168SMK 308 just pm, we have a bunch. Today, I spent 3 hours of my day arranging ammo shipments for the Sportsman Show, I'm burnt out, but at least I am getting some 308 with 185 Berger VLDs to try for myself!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by strangerinastrangeland View Post
    Ok, the UPS cost to Seattle is only $12.90 for 22 pounds. Give us an idea what NAC would charge to Anch, and does that include delivery or do we pick up at the airport?

Here's a twist to the ammo shipping question. I'm coming back to AK...finally!

I'll be stopping at my folks to P/U my stored stuff. Some of this is my ammo. I read on the Canada customs site that I can carry up to 5000 rds of hunting/sport ammo. (no hand gun ammo I'm sure).

Has anyone transported ammo through Canada? If so, are there any papers to complete? Do the boarder boys give much trouble over this?

I've got about 2000 rds and hate to leave it behind.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired2017 View Post
    Here's a twist to the ammo shipping question. I'm coming back to AK...finally!

I'll be stopping at my folks to P/U my stored stuff. Some of this is my ammo. I read on the Canada customs site that I can carry up to 5000 rds of hunting/sport ammo. (no hand gun ammo I'm sure).

Has anyone transported ammo through Canada? If so, are there any papers to complete? Do the boarder boys give much trouble over this?

I've got about 2000 rds and hate to leave it behind.
    I brought pistol ammo through Canada with no real problems, the dip-wad that I had to deal with leaving AK was a problem didn’t matter what ammo I had. She could not understand that I mailed my guns to NY before I left AK so I wouldn’t have to deal with transporting them through Canada, but I brought my ammo with me to save shipping costs. She insisted that I had guns in my truck/trailer… we went back and forth for about 30 minutes, finally she let me through without a search, when I got to North Dakota (I think that’s where I came through) they tore my truck and trailer apart looking for guns they even damaged some of my stuff. No doubt she sent my name and plate to the southern border for them to keep a look out.
    But no… no paper work to get pistol ammo through. Just tell them its for your rifle, my AR will take lots of different pistol rounds if I put the right upper on it, the uppers are not “controlled” so they will have no way to disprove it.

Edit… I will be traveling back to AK in May with all my ammo again I don’t expect any problems.
    Josh
    enjoying life in Afghanistan

No paperwork for ammo through Canada. Have it in factory boxes, and sealed if you can. If they ask, tell them you have it for inspection, and they may put their own seal on them.

Thanks Guys,

Factory boxes may be a problem. Much of it is reloaded and in metal ammo cans. I'll package it best I can and hope for the best.

As far as tearing the vehicle apart...are they just looking in all the holes or does it go deeper than that? I'm sure they are not disassembling anything?

They can dig through the underwear all they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Retired2017 View Post
    Thanks Guys,

Factory boxes may be a problem. Much of it is reloaded and in metal ammo cans. I'll package it best I can and hope for the best.

As far as tearing the vehicle apart...are they just looking in all the holes or does it go deeper than that? I'm sure they are not disassembling anything?

They can dig through the underwear all they want.
    in my trailer they just tore apart what they could get to through the back doors, i didnt have a key for the side door (which upset them) but they did not cut the lock... like i said earlier they were thinking i was trying to smuggle weapons through just because a customs offical didnt believe that someone would bring ammo through canada with out their guns .
    they opened boxes (and left them open when they were done) and rooted through them, pulled the seat off of my 4wheeler opened the gas tank on it too... as long as you are up front and honest with them you shouldnt have a problem. This time up i will take all my long guns with me, well maybe... im not sure about the AR15.
    Josh
    enjoying life in Afghanistan

If UPS ships ground to Alaska, I assume this is the kicker, Midway USA would be a good place to start.

If any carrier like Bax Globle, Fedex, UPS, etc... the large ammo retailer like Midway USA, Mid South, or Cabela's should jump all over it to open out vastly more sales to Alaska. This is for ground/water transport.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast